Growing company in Reno, Nevada has a need for a Quality Manager. This is a full time opening with a full benefits package. If interested please email your resume to us.
The Quality Manager is responsible for quality training, performing internal audits, maintaining and updating quality certifications, developing and communicating quality goals, and gathering and analyzing performance metrics. Responsible for certification in ISO AS9100 and acting as the company's quality management representative with customers, suppliers, auditors and regulatory agencies. Manage quality metrics, trends and activities to improve performance regarding cost, quality and schedule. Performs any other requests or duties as assigned by management.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, implement and manage an effective Quality Assurance program using AS9100 principles including the management of quality policy, manuals, objectives, site operating procedures and work instructions.
- Implement a high-quality culture utilizing root cause analysis and corrective action to prevent future escapes and continuously improve quality.
- Ensure essential Quality Management System policies and procedures are consistently implemented.
- Develop and implement effective standards and consistent metrics across organization that will assist managers in providing quality products to customers
- Routinely review key performance indicators and participate in the review of corrective/preventive actions utilizing quality tools and techniques to provide recommendations for continuous process improvement.
- Plan, oversee and maintain ISO AS9100 certification and/or other certifications as required.
- Plan, implement and oversee training regarding quality assurance.
- Manage Approved Vendor List (AVL).
- Act as the primary quality contact for customers, suppliers, auditors and regulatory agencies
- Act as the company's representative for all aspects of certification audits.
- Perform and reportinternal audit surveillance.
- Maintain accurate documentation and perform applicable analyses.
- Perform other requests and duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of general employment laws and compliance guidelines
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of quality management processes and best practices
- Skill in typing and general computer literacy
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in problem solving and decision making/analysis
- Skill at assessing products and materials to ensure consistency with quality standards
- Skill in performing, training, and leading audits
- Ability to be flexible, self-directed, and motivated
- Ability to understand, interpret and easily communicate quality policies and practices
- Ability to prioritize rapidly and manage multiple priorities, while utilizing problem solving skills when dealing with unforeseen circumstances
- Ability to multitask in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with partners, team members, management, and others
- Ability to develop and leverage relationships with management and team members in order to gain support and achieve results, with attention paid to conflicting priorities
- Ability to support and consult with management and team members in the administration, interpretation and application of organization policies and procedures
- Ability to research and analyze information and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues consistent with standards, practices/processes, policies and State/Federal regulations
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and a team-driven attitude
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelors/Associates Degree in Quality Engineering, Business Administration, or Quality Management Systems; or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 5+ years related experience and/or training within Quality Management.
- Experience and training in ISO 9001 requirements, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience in aftermarket aviation material a plus.