About the Role:
Manage and direct LanzaTech’s quality systems and processes to ensure that products and services comply with all applicable codes, regulatory standards, customer requirements and LanzaTech’s established quality standards. The Quality Manager has the organizational responsibility and authority to identify and evaluate quality problems and to initiate corrective action. This is a hands-on role responsible for a variety of day-to-day tasks in the biotechnology industry.
- Direct activities directly related to management and implementation of the QMS by implementing and maintaining the company's quality systems; reporting on the performance for review and a basis for improvement.
- Establish product quality standards, testing methods and manufacturing processes in collaboration with the science stakeholders and engineering requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of raw material and finished product to established quality standards.
- Coordinate QA/QC testing and interpret results to produce certificate of analysis. Prepare, review and approve product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing test results.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures with the intent to improve quality, efficiency and/or reduce waste. Develop control charts.
- Make recommendations for improving the quality of work as well as formulate the guidelines to make new improvement.
- Perform audits for compliance to documented procedures and processes.
- Develop Failure Modes Effect Analyses (FMEA) and assign Risk Priority Numbers (RPN)
- Champion the implementation of an effective corrective action process which includes root cause analysis and corrective action through follow-up auditing.
- Responsible for supply planning for timely raw materials procurement, production, quality testing and delivery of products.
- Provide training to employees and contractors on a regular basis to further promote the concept of continuous improvement.
- Lead and coordinate special projects related to Supply Chain responsibilities.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Chemical Engineering with specialization in Statistics Analysis or Control. Advanced Science or Engineering Degree preferred.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- 5 years industrial work experience in a manufacturing or technology delivery environment. Experience working in a chemical environment preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in process control, control charts, six sigmalean or similar QA/QC. Experienced in record keeping and document control practices.
- Excellent analytical skills, technical writing skills, verbal and written communicational skills and the ability to communicate well with regulatory agencies, customers and other third-party stakeholders.
Excellent problem-solving skills to drive continual improvement of the quality system.