This key operations leader is responsible for all aspects affecting the quality of product from incoming materials to our finished product. This player-coach directly manages the Quality team at their assigned Lagunitas Brewery. This team of highly-skilled and motivated folks perform various tests to assure beer quality, microbiology, sensory and package integrity of all brands produced at the brewery. Collaborating with other operational departments will be ongoing in the pursuit of maintaining a high quality product for our very valued customers.
What you'll do:
- Lead and influence a 'Safety First' culture.
- Oversee implementation of Lagunitas Quality Program, in alignment with the Director of Quality.
- Maintain and develop quality standards to support brewery operations.
- Manage, develop and direct Quality Technicians.
- Promptly respond to and communicate incidences of quality non-conformance.
- Systematically investigate and identify causes or potential causes of quality process issues and consumer complaints.
- Develop, administer and enforce Lagunitas Brewing Company’s quality and safety protocols, SOP’s, and product specifications in a proactive and preventative manner.
- Collaborate with teams across brewery locations for best beer outcome.
- Perform internal sanitation and GMP audits of brewery and vendors.
- Oversee and conduct physical, chemical, and microbiological quality checks on brewery-related raw materials, in-process beer, and finished goods as required.
- Report results in an organized and timely manner with internal stakeholders.
- Support quality improvement initiatives throughout brewery operations; pursue continuous process improvement opportunities.
- Other duties and projects as directed.
What we're lookin' for:
- Sc. in science discipline, food/agriculture, or brewing.
- 5 year minimum Quality experience in a food or beverage environment.
- 2 year minimum managing or supervising personnel preferably in the brewing or beverage industry.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- GCMSexperience a significant plus.
- Understanding of brewing and packaging operations.
- Proven experience building and leading successful teams; demonstrated leadership capacity motivating and developing teams.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, self- management, and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Sanitation, GMP and OSHA requirements.
- Potential shift work and 24/7 coverage to include weekends and holidays.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Physical: Must be able to lift 35 lb. cases of beer, 55 lb. sacks of malt, 44 lb. boxes of hops, and move 165 lb. kegs of beer.
- Travel: Occasional travelrequired to other Lagunitas breweries or industry events.
- Driver’s license (in appropriate state with acceptable insurance record); required to have reliable transportation.