JOB SUMMARY: The Quality Manager will manage and coordinate Quality support for USACE projects. This position will be responsible for planning, implementing and supervising construction quality assurance programs in compliance with contract documents, Company policy, and government contracting requirements. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
QUALITY MANAGER FAMILY - CORE
- Manages and coordinates Quality support for a group (process and people).
- Provides updated communication about quality philosophies, JE Dunn quality standards and values of the Company with business partners, foreman, superintendents and project managers to ensure compliance.
- Interprets company, owner and government requirements and recommendations in relation to quality construction methods and processes with field and office staff.
- Performs QA constructability reviews for assigned projects.
- Conducts and assists with planning and design of quality-related training programs and classes with internal employees and external business partners.
- Utilizes external quality systems (i.e. QCS) for government quality control/assurance.
- Conducts warranty-related investigations in support of operations and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Ensures field observations and reporting is properly documented through internal Company systems and tools and monitors for resolution.
- Participates in staff, team or quality committee meetings, fostering quality efforts, reporting on quality trends or issues and creating communication plans to mitigate the issues.
- Implements, leads and documents the three phases of Quality Control for the project to include; Preparatory Phase, Initial Phase and Follow-up Phase.
- Prepares detailed Daily Reports, documents all testing and inspections, manages the submittal process and reviews and certifies all submittals and shop drawings.
- Manages Non-Conformance (issue tracking) and ensures timely completion of all items.
- Serves as onsite quality representative on single project or multiple projects as needed.
- Partners with project team to complete subcontractor quality performance evaluations at project completion.
- Develops robust relationships with internal and external clients, including owners, business partners, manufacturer’s reps and third party consultants.
- Conducts routine, consistent communication/updates with supported project leads.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to other team members.
- Must be willing to travel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Intermediate).
- Ability to read drawings, specifications, building codes and other technical product and material data (Advanced).
- Knowledge of material and field testing for QA processes (Advanced).
- Knowledge of QA procedures for a variety of construction conditions.
- Ability to recognize non-compliant conditions and investigate corrective measures.
- Knowledge of construction trades and scopes of work (Intermediate).
- Ability to provide performance management feedback and complete evaluations.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Bachelors’ degree in architecture, construction management or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 8+ years construction quality-related experience (Required).
- 2 years mentoring or team leadership experience (Required).
- Current USACE Construction Quality Management Certification (Required)
- Healthcare Construction experience (Preferred)
- Building Envelope Commissioning experience (Preferred)