Position at ITW Global Tire Repair The Quality Manager-North America (Retail) will drive cross-functional operational excellence and work with all employees on process improvement activities and large scale projects such as the design and implementation of quality systems. This position will work through others to ensure conformance to all ISO standards by managing GTR’s internal and external audit program.
The Retail Quality Manager will report directly to the Global Director of Quality and have responsibility for overseeing the daily activities of the North American quality operation.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all retail manufacturing quality assurance functions
- Drive cross-functional OpEx and work with internal staff at all levels on process improvement activities
- Ensure adherence to ISO/IATF standards and customer quality standards
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders (Strategic Sourcing, domestic suppliers, and international SQE team) on product quality and to resolve quality issues swiftly
- Develop and manage plans, programs, policies and procedures related to quality compliance
- Qualify vendors, evaluate documentation, create improvement plans, and prepare and deliver training related to quality
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, chemistry or other technical field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience; 7 years working in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment preferred
- Proven track record of implementing new programs, policies and/or procedures; driving best practices and benchmarking externally
- Demonstrated experience in conducting supplier audits
- Thorough understanding of ISO/IATF standards
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Possess an understanding of basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections
- Able and willing to travel as needed (up to 30%), occasionally internationally
- Understanding of global work environment and diverse cultures