IMERYS is currently looking for a Quality Manager II –Compliance located in our Lompoc, CAlocation.
He/she will support plant compliance with ISO and good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and other relevant standards.
He/she will manage the documentation, investigation and corrective action processes for major customer complaints and government regulatory requirements. In some cases, the Quality Manager II may need to visit customers to investigate complaints and/or discuss resolution.
Monitor regulations (FDA and EPA) and implement necessary actions to ensure compliance. He/she will review internal, customer, and supplier product specifications, and perform quality audits.
- Ensure develop and maintain quality management system under ISO and compliance with other relevant standards.
- Provides functional leadership for Filtration quality teams across North America.
- Direct supervision of 1 ISO/Document Control Specialist located at the Lompoc site.
- Investigate and resolve key problems arising from customer complaints, recurring quality problems, process capability analyses and change control issues. Identifies and analyses quality trends for the Division.
Budget responsibilities: Yes
Domestic travelrequired: 25%
International travelrequired: 10%
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Maintains and improves the quality management system (including certifications)
Supports the plants in their efforts to comply to the current (cGMP) Provide customer support for global product compliance.
Ensures best practices in quality management and strives for continuous improvement Analyzes quality trends for Filtration based on the reports from local quality managers and proposes improvement/ corrective actions Supports plant initiatives to improve process capability Gets personally involved in managing major quality claims/customer complaints.
Participates in major certification and customer audits ensuring that corrective action plans are completed as needed Consolidates the quality reporting for the division Ensures products meet regulatory standards.
Write and control Quality policy documents for Filtration Conduct audits of all Filtration QC labs as needed Develop and control suppliers and customers product specifications
Education and/or experience requirements:
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related degree
- Experience: Minimum 6 years in Quality, EHS or production-related position(s) in industrial minerals industry
- Industry Certifications: ASQ, ISO, auditor certification.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Attributes: Problem solving, analytical, team-building/leading
- Liaison: Ability to work well in cross-functional groups without direct management authority
- Freedom to Act: Broad flexibility to make decisions affecting product quality
- Problem Complexity: Can be extremely complex
- Impact of Decisions: Major impact on operations’ productivity/profitability
- Independent Judgment: Consistency and ability to communicate clear rationale is critical
- Attendance Requirements: reasonably flexible
REQ - 00963