- Develops policies, procedures and methods to evaluate and improve the quality of products, materials, components and/or operations
- Sustains and improve molding and machining quality by understanding root cause for defects, develop action plans to reduce/eliminate defects and coaches/mentors operators to understand quality expectations.
- Work with customers on quality compliance issues developing countermeasures to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained/improved.
- Develops, assures and maintains the quality of products and processes, including standard procedures, quality audits/review, process reengineering, etc.
- Is accountable for the performance and results of the quality team.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resources and operational challenges.
- Develop supplier process control, supplier inspection effectiveness/communication, PPAP implementation, part certification and source inspection.
- Help develop a supply base that will provide a competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology, interfacing with business unit engineering teams to insure purchased components are optimized for manufacture/assembly, creating and leading cross functional value stream teams that are responsible for understanding and mapping supplier processes, and, then optimizing these processes through re-engineering.
- Recommends improvements, and monitors implementation of changes. Promotes design for manufacturability by working with Engineering and suppliers to review/modify tolerances/specifications on both new and existing designs.
- Assists in the review and approval of supplier tooling requests and monitors performance to budget (capital and expense).
- Provide the guidance for ISO 9001 and 14000 certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years’ experience in a quality manager role involving team management
- Working knowledge of higher level quality problem solving techniques.
- Familiar with gauges and test equipment.
- Working knowledge of customer required quality documentation and problem solving methods.
- Great organizational skills, problem solving, and verbal/written skills.
- Influential leader.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Experience with ISO certification
- Ability to travel approximately 10-20%
- Understanding of geometric tolerance and related gauges.
- Knowledge of machining, injection molding and casting processes.
- FMEA experience
- Understanding of statistical methods in process assessment, control and problem solving is preferred
- Hands on experience with CMM measuring equipment