As the Quality Manager, you provide vision, leadership, and personal implementation of quality engineering, quality assurance, and testing initiatives for software product development cycles across a growing portfolio of successful software companies within the IDERA family. You own defining and improving the testing processes and procedures leveraged by multiple and diverse teams performing software development and testing. You further own defining and gaining senior leadership consensus for specific plans to meet ongoing corporate quality improvement goals, leveraging quality and testing products developed and sold by IDERA (e.g. TestRail and Ranorex). Making the vision and plan a reality, you own implementation, improvement, and conversion of quality systems to drive successful product release results via uniform processes, procedures, and tools across IDERA companies.
The Quality Manager owns all technical aspects of test tools, frameworks, and improvement plans to ensure development-team and post-delivery testing results in on-time, high-quality, ready-to- release product cycle deliverables. You define and lead the company’s product development quality improvement initiatives, including test automation improvements, test planning and reporting expectations of development teams, definition and reporting of quality success metrics (both internal and per development team), and convergence across IDERA companies to the right set of uniform processes and tools.
The Quality Manager is a leadership role as well as an implementation role, allowing one to add distinct value in both setting direction and achieving results. Key to the role is bringing to life all that is necessary to achieve continual quality improvements that yield world-class product releases from each IDERA company for the benefit of the company and its customers.
- Lead and mentor multiple Quality Engineering (QE) teams servicing the IDERA family of products.
- Standardize process and reporting for all testing
- Leverage automated testing to expand QE team abilities and impact
- Manage the planning, estimation and execution of product testing efforts, including team resources to meet product delivery dates
- Continuously improve the documentation and development team education of proper and thorough testing techniques and tools
- Ensure testing plans cover all aspects of product features and are kept current
- Ensure efficient and flexible testing approach to successfully handle a high volume and diversity of product releases presented for testing with a focus on continuously improving outcomes
- Track and report team testing activities including test plans, test case coverage/results, defects discovered, and evaluation of the criticality of defects and acceptable workarounds
- Anticipate potential release problems and take successful, corrective action
- Excellent communication and consensus building
- Bachelors or higher degree in computer science or a relevant field
- 5+ years experience as an individual Quality Assurance Engineer and as a Quality Assurance Manager
- Proven track record of building and continuously improving Quality Engineering teams
- Experience managing and working with distributed teams
- Experience using and implementing test management software and automated testing frameworks such as TestRail and Ranorex (or similar tools)
- Broad technical knowledge, including programming languages (Java, C#), operating systems
- (Windows, Linux), and VM hosting environments (VMware, HyperV, AWS, Azure)
- Experience testing a wide variety of products, including: web applications, .Net and Java console applications, development libraries and APIs
- Proven ability to define and uphold the expectations for quality practices within the organization
- Experience with all phases of software life-cycle testing, including test planning, functional testing, automation testing and regression testing