ABOUT THE JOB This role drives the planning, delivering and execution of quality testing for specific large scale programs and/or managing multiple projects within a domain. Provides testing strategic oversight for a program or domain by introducing enhancements for testing execution & coverage. Manages and Mentors the testing resources supporting the program or domain. Drives Testing Planning & Delivery Phases for a program or domain for multiple projects, including program/releases by ensuring the necessary testing deliverables and tasks are completed on Schedule within Budget. This includes ability to understand and to promote automation, test case enhancement, performance and security testing, test data and test environment opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads a program or multiple projects within a domain in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, which may include directing global sourcing resources as well as virtual teams. Projects are of a scope and complexity that usually impact multiple Lines of Business as well as functional areas, may have executive sponsorship and in some cases a steering or advisory committee and may span several years.
- Defines and manages testing in these areas: scope, scope changes, objectives, requirements, deliverables, and value proposition that support the diverse business goals and interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Develops integrated testing plan; identifies and manages testing dependencies and critical paths; and tracks/reports testing milestones as well as status.
- Estimates resources needed to achieve testing goals; tracks utilization; determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or vendors; manages transition of on/off-boarding; and monitors/manages vendor performance as it relates to supporting testing..
- Drafts and submits testing budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary; conducts cost forecasting and actual tracking as well as variance reporting.
- Identifies tracks, escalates and resolves testing issue conflicts; performs impact analysis and prioritization; manages dependencies and track/monitors; and escalates testing risk with corrective/ mitigating actions.
- Tailors testing methods and metrics; adheres to project lifecycle & QAS standards & processes, performs testing assessments/retrospectives; coach/ mentors teams; and manages testing deliverable reviews and testing sign-offs.
- Leads testing communication plan and drives the testing planning, execution and reporting with team members; liaises with key stakeholders.
- Reviews all the test deliverables, ownership of the quality assurance process for testing, responsibility for the integration of testing into release management and change management within the ITIL/ ITSM process framework,
- Communicates accurate status/health information to delivery Project managers and Delivery managers including escalation along with risks & mitigations in summary level.
- Ensures quality milestones/reviews are done on timely manner and making sure the that Key performance indicators and service level agreements are being met and enforced.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in the financial services industry a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with standard project development/management methodologies and tools required with a focus in managing testing efforts a plus.
- Experience managing a data warehouse Quality Assurance team on a Big data (Hadoop) platform
- Data warehouse and/or business intelligence experience with an understanding of quality assurance methods and techniques
Competencies and Skills:
- Credible leader with established reputation for presenting and gaining support for ideas/solutions.
- Proven demonstration of Key leadership competencies.
- Highly polished and confident communication ability; possess written, verbal and stand-up presentation skills. Adjusts communications to audience.
- Assesses and coaches to strengths and developmental needs of project team members and direct reports. Shares knowledge, insights, and experiences to help others develop.
- Thinks, plans and executes on multiple levels.
- Ability to influence and direct strategic QAS direction.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, problem solving and conflict management skills; ability to “connect the dots”.
- Ability to drive and execute change.
- Demonstrates a strong technical aptitude.
- Organized, self-disciplined, and leads others towards common outcomes.
- Can clearly articulate vision for future state; provide big-picture view/ enterprise view; decisive and directive when necessary.
- Fosters and encourages frequent, open and honest feedback; learns from setbacks and mistakes to drive improvements; independently seeks out learning opportunities.