- Manage internal audit program to AS9100 rev D, and support third party auditors, Defense, Aerospace, and Customerauditors.
- Develop a strong team to sustain and improve compliance and quality. Eliminate quality problems at all levels of theorganization and assure that product quality objectives are met by establishing and executing continuous improvement strategies.
- Work with plant Managers to implement integrated quality management system and best practices.
- Work cross-functionally with other technical teams on projects related to the implementation, certification, andmaintenance of the quality management system, and monitor the quality control systems to ensure effectiveness andefficiency.
- Conduct root cause analysis and recommend corrective actions of quality management system deficiencies.
- Generate and review performance analysis reports regarding non-conformance of processes, root cause analyses, or quality trends; recommend actions, participate in team driven resolution and drive continuous improvement activities.
- Provide management with timely, complete and accurate reports of the current levels of conformity/implementation ofthe quality management system.
- Maintain a schedule of audit activity.
- Review and approve quality management system changes.
- Train other personnel on auditing best practices.
- Manage Shipping and Receiving inspection programs.
- Update and manage certified operator program.
- 5+ years’ experience in demonstrated process improvement success; proven accomplishments utilizing OpEx and Lean tools/methodologies (Six Sigma BB, Tool Champion, DOE, GR&R, FMEA, etc.); Minimum 2 years supervisory/managementor leading teams experience with demonstrated success in recalibrating an existing team to higher standards.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Quality Engineer or Quality Auditor in an Aerospace environment or in a similar manufacturing situation preferred.
- AS9100 quality systems implementation and management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills in a matrix environment; Proficiency in Change Management;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate all levels of the organization;
- Strong team formation and leadership skills;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to include presentation skills and facilitation of groups toward deliverables;
- Proficient in the use of Word and Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, statistical software (i.e. Minitab or equivalent);
- Troubleshooting system level problems;
- Complex Problem Solving (Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate optionsand implement solutions). Ability to link customer needs and business processes;
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, techniques, and strategy to be used in personal contact with the various operational and staff groups and all levels of employees to ensure effective professional working relationships;
B.S. degree, AS9100 internal auditor or lead auditor certification preferred.
Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipmentto include but not limited to safety glasses, heel straps, and shop coats
- Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Requires lifting 25 lbs
- Requires approximately 5% travel to support customers
- If you have an AS9100 Lead Auditor Certification or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) credential it is an added bonus (but notrequired).
- Because we contract with the US Department of Defense we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). This means you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be eligible.