ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for housekeeping and 5-S.
- Establish and maintain a team environment including training, supporting and developing each team member to maximize output and results.
- Keep abreast of IATF16949 related materials through trade publications, papers, seminars, and classes.
- Ensure compliance with all local, State, Federal laws and statutes including labor laws and other governmental regulations, which are directly applicable to your department.
- Establish department goals that support company strategic plan.
- Provide department operating guidelines and policies.
- Develop IATF16949 initiatives.
- Establish and maintain company IATF16949 database.
- Effectively communicate IATF16949 program.
- Management Representative for IATF16949.
- Management Representative to our customers.
- Auditinternal IATF16949 initiatives.
- Establish and manage department training requirements and ensure training is documented upon completion.
- Develop, document, and provide for continuous improvement.
- Establish and prepare quality operating budget.
- Conduct weekly communications meeting with reporting associates. Ensure open and continuous communication with associates.
- Develop and/or revise standard operating and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Interface with customers regarding defects, customer specifications/standards and quality trends/records.
- Plan for and provide resources for multiple PPAP’s with multiple customer specific requirements.
- Respond and follow-up with customer complaints.
- Establish and manage records related to quality in plant and at customer locations using statistical methods.
- Determine manning needs and schedule department activities.
- Monitor cost of quality and continuous improvement programs.
- Support ISO14001 initiatives.
- Requires a BS degree from a credited college, university or technical school.
- 10 plus years related experience and at least five years in quality supervision within automotive manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of part layout, SPC, engineering specifications, IATF 16949 and P/C operations, class “A” exterior body panels, and automotive customer portals.