We are currently seeking a Quality Manager for our Huntington, Indiana Plant.
Plans and directs all quality related functions in the plant. Provides leadership and direction to Quality Engineers and associates within area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for housekeeping and 5-S.
- Establish and maintain a team environment including training, supporting and developing each team member to maximize output and results.
- Keep abreast of IATF16949 related materials through trade publications, papers, seminars, and classes.
- Ensure compliance with all local, State, Federal laws and statutes including labor laws and other governmental regulations, which are directly applicable to your department.
- Establish department goals that support company strategic plan.
- Provide department operating guidelines and policies.
- Develop IATF16949 initiatives.
- Establish and maintain company IATF16949 database.
- Effectively communicate IATF16949 program.
- Management Representative for IATF16949.
- Management Representative to our customers.
- Auditinternal IATF16949 initiatives.
- Establish and manage department training requirements and ensure training is documented upon completion.
- Develop, document, and provide for continuous improvement.
- Establish and prepare quality operating budget.
- Conduct weekly communications meeting with reporting associates. Ensure open and continuous communication with associates.
- Develop and/or revise standard operating and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Interface with customers regarding defects, customer specifications/standards and quality trends/records.
- Plan for and provide resources for multiple PPAP’s with multiple customer specific requirements.
- Respond and follow-up with customer complaints.
- Establish and manage records related to quality in plant and at customer locations using statistical methods.
- Determine manning needs and schedule department activities.
- Monitor cost of quality and continuous improvement programs.
- Support ISO14001 initiatives.
- Requires a BS degree from a credited college, university or technical school.
- 10 plus years related experience and at least five years in quality supervision within automotive manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of part layout, SPC, engineering specifications, IATF 16949 and P/C operations, class “A” exterior body panels, and automotive customer portals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- CQE preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are typical to standard office setting with moderate noise levels and high level of activity. The work will mostly be in a climate-controlled environment with occasional work in plant/manufacturing environment. Occasionally the associate may be exposed to fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. Exposure to extreme heat or cold may be encountered. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.