11 - 15 years experience •
Plant Quality Manager
This position develops, implements and drives continuous improvement of food safety, quality, and sanitation programs at the plant level. This position utilizes personal experience and expertise in the areas of food safety, food quality, and good manufacturing and sanitation practices to provide both strategic leadership and tactical support to plant operations. Routinely communicates with and advises senior management. You will report to the Corporate Director Quality.
If you possess these minimum requirements, please read on to determine if you would like to apply!
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year accredited university or college is required
- Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline such as Chemistry or Biology is highly preferred
- 10+ years of managing plant QA or Food Safety programs is required
- 5+ years in a formal Leadership position (Manager or Supervisor) is required
- Good Manufacturing and Sanitation Practices experience, Required
- SQF and HACCP experience is required
- FSMA Food Safety Planexperience is required (PCQI is preferred)
- Have a desire to promote to a Corporate QA role within the next 5years
Your daily duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing all food safety, food quality and sanitation programs and ensuring compliance to company's Food Safety, Quality and Sanitation policies, procedures and specifications
- Ensuring delivery of safe, quality products in a sustainable manner and with minimization of risk to the manufacturing facility and organization
- Carrying out food safety and quality assessments including validations of Manufacturing Processes, HACCP/FSMA Food Safety Plans, Food Quality Plans, Environmental Microbiological Monitoring Programs, Finished Product Microbiological Testing Programs and Sanitation and Hygiene Programs
- Proactively identifying potential and emerging food safety, quality and regulatory issues and developing strategies to effectively investigate and respond
- Facilitating the investigation and resolution of escalated plant issues including quality holds, priority consumer complaints and FDA/USDA regulatory matters
- Supporting growth and expansion including key projects and integration related activities
- Developing, implementing and driving continuous improvement in internal GMP, Food Safety and Quality Management System audits and supporting the manufacturing plant in effective closure of identified gaps
- Planning and executing special projects as requested by the Corporate Director of Quality
When applying, please answer the following:
- Describe a time when you built a strong QA team at the plant level. Include details about what the team looked like when you started, issues you faced, what you did to overcome those issues and what your outcome was.
- Describe the main factors of managing your plant Sanitation program. Include details about chemicals, preventative measures and how you avoid potential issues.