Job Description World class insulation and composite products. Thermal Structures has become an industry leader by providing products and support that exceeds customer expectations. Our challenge is to design and manufacture solutions for even the most complex applications. From concept to completion, we have the resources to meet this challenge with products that offer world class quality and value. Thermal Structures is looking for a Quality Manager who will be responsible for all quality assurance related adherence with regulatory standards, supervises the quality team, coordinates with customer / vendor representatives / agents, and provides quality statistical and performance data to executive management. Responsibilities - Quality Manager:
- Participates in and supervises the daily release product in accordance with customer specifications and requirements.
- Manages workflow amongst subordinate quality engineers.
- Participates in internal audits, addressing nonconformities from previous internal and external audits.
- Conducting a management review of the quality system.
- Following-up on and closing pending preventive and corrective action requests.
- Insuring that organizational systems and training is in place.
- Assists in preparation of organization for AS9100 and NADCAP audits, and participating in all customer audits.
- Ensuring that documentation and design controls are appropriate for organization.
- Supervising document control and configuration management system.
- Overseeing established calibration and testing program through subordinates.
- Assisting the management team and provide QA support as necessary.
- Maintaining quality-related documentation.
This position manages all employees of the department (up to ten quality engineers, ten quality inspectors and weld technicians), and is responsible for the performance management and hiring, evaluating, disciplining and assigning of tasks within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Fridays, 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. While these are the office hours, as an exempt employee, the quality manager is expected to work additional hours as necessary to complete personal responsibilities, as well as, to insure the completion of work by subordinates.
Travel is approximated at 5%. Visits to customers and vendors may be required to fulfill responsibilities and some overnight stays may be required. Occasionally, travel will accomplished by air.
Career Level Manager Requirements Education - Quality Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
Experience - Quality Manager:
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in quality assurance in aerospace, with at least five in management with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a Quality Manager.
Skills - Quality Manager:
- Working knowledge of aerospace specifications including AS9100, Rev. D
- Familiarity in working with major aerospace OEM's
- Performance Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
Other - Quality Manager:
- Exposure to potentially military sensitive information requires that the Quality Manager be a "U.S. Person" as defined in the Foreign Trade Regulations of the United States. As such, the quality manager must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien or a person granted Asylum under the Immigration Laws of the United States.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.