General Summary: Effectively manage the quality function, including in-process, final, and layout inspection. Oversee all departmental activities to achieve cost, productivity, safety, and quality objectives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage Quality function in the facility
· Prioritize layout work load
· Direct final and in process inspection activities
· Ensure accurate Design of Experiments, Capability Studies, Gage R&R, etc.
· Ensure customer quality issues are resolved through plant staff in a timely manner.
· Report on Quality Performance data during scheduled management reviews.
· Provide department leadership which supportsstrategic initiatives
· Provide mentoring and coaching for department
· Create a culture which promotes a team environment
· Guide and motivate leads to achieve the goals and objectives of the department
· Conduct and review Performance Appraisal/Evaluations and manage performance issues for direct reports
· Address employee relations issues in a timely manner
· Determine staffing levels
Adhere to TS16949 standards
· Develop/revise Operating Procedures/Work Instructions as needed
· Ensure adherence to procedures throughout plant
· 4yearbachelor’s degree or equivalent required
· 5+ years of experience
· Good communication, mechanical and analytical skills needed
· Knowledge of machining and GD&T
· Must have previous Machining or Die Casting experience
· Ability to effectively present information to employees and customers