The QA Manager contributes to the success of the company by planning, managing and directing the Quality Assurance and food safety activities in a poultry plant or complex. This position also ensures products meet or exceed all requirements critical for product safety, legal compliance, regulatory compliance and quality.
Essential duties and responsibilities include and are not limited to:
• Develops strategies for improving quality and food safety. Supports plant or complex goals and coordinates activities promoting quality and food safety;
• Manages quality assurance staff to ensure proper procedures are followed and specifications are met. Evaluates data and notes trends for improvement opportunities. Provides coaching and team building support for QA staff;
• Interacts with customers to ensure product quality and specification compliance;
• Acts as liasion between complex or plant and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) representatives to assure complex/plant compliance with applicable USDA regulations;
• Coordinates audits to verify complex/plant performance consistency and effectiveness. Guides and supports performance improvement efforts;
• Implements and verifies Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point IHACCP) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure (SSOP) plans and all other food safety related programs related to food safety. Communicates significant information to complex/plant management and the corporate Food Safety department
Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university with specialization in Life Science, Food Science, Poultry Science or other related science field (required); at least 2years of quality assurance or food processing related experience. Some supervisory or managerial experiencepreferred.; Or Bachelor's degree with at least 1year of engineering or maintenance management experience in the food processing industry.
• Communicates with QA Technicians on job tasks and performance, daily. Communicates with QA Supervisors on job tasks and performance, daily. Communicates with QA Management Manager on product or production Issues, daily. Communicates with Production Management to discuss data or QA issues, daily. Communicates with Senior or Complex Management for reporting, periodically;
• Ensures QA and food safety compliance in a fast-paced food production environment;
• Utilizes time management, organization and communication skills;
• Deals and interacts with representatives of regulatory agencies during inspections;
• Utilize regulatory knowledge and effective communication skills; and