Provides the leadership necessary to establish and maintain quality levels of products through sanitation, ingredient, and packaging and quality systems management. Role is the Guardian of quality compliance and challenger of all functions across the value chain to drive Continuous Improvements, support to Operations, Supply Chain, and Consumer Services, while fostering a cross functional quality, compliance and performance culture. Is responsible for the leadership and the development, implementation and management of all Quality Assurance programs and activities. Provides technical expertise and support to ensure compliance to FSSC 22000, regulatory requirements, product quality, and food safety. Utilizes tools such as auditing, process evaluation, trend analysis to achieve continuous improvement and business objectives. Reports to the Factory Manager with a functional reporting line to Corporate Quality Management.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
Contribute towards maintaining, promoting and developing high health and safety standards and lead by example to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Quality and Food Safety Policies and Procedures. Promote the culture change towards behavioral safety improvements and support SHE compliance in all Operation Quality activities.
QUALITY – Factory Quality Manager is responsible to:
- Direct and supervise the development, implementation and administration of QA activities in all phases of production at factory level (Quality Systems).
- Drive improvements and monitor Quality Metrics/KPI's at the facility
- Promote quality awareness and ownership across value chain
- Monitor and assess performance of the quality systems, report its effectiveness to management and implement actions for improvement
- Ensure compliance of the audit programs for internal and external audits i.e. FSSC 22000 and ISO audits
- Ensure the effective operation of HACCP and Food Safety Teams
- Drive Hygiene and GMP programs across the whole factory and external warehouse
- Identify and apply “Standard Practices” within the facility or from the broader network.
- Be the factory Quality Pillar and champion continuous improvement quality related activities
- Manage QA related projects from inception to final reports and implementation that are based inside and outside the resources of the Dept on a factory-wide basis.
- Provide technical support/resources for Co-manufacturers and Affiliates, which include insuring continued compliance to formal release requirements of associated products.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Factory QA Manager provide support to:
- Technical Applications Group, Research & Development, Engineering, Vendors, Consumer Service, Sales & Marketing and Supply chain on Quality related matters
- Marketing by participating in Product Reviews on factory and Corporate level
- In close cooperation with Corporate Quality liaise with Consumer Services, Marketing and Brand Manager by investigating and communicating consumer complaint trends and resolutions
- Factory Crisis Management Team
- Communication of new and/or updated Regulatory Policies within the facility
- Support to local, State and Federal agencies when requested by Divisional QA.
- Facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride & responsibility in what they do. Continually inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives.
- Drive Monthly reviews of KPI’s and contribute towards meeting the yearly business Goals for the Facility.
- Lead Monthly MQR reviews for the facility.
- Promote good communication skills and communicate effectively to others.
Supervise the activities of department personnel, with strong emphasis on people development.
- Has direct ability to impact product and/or laboratory quality and to ensure only quality product is delivered, ensuring no recalls or product loss.
- Contributes to the Quality Departmental budget achievement.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related field required.
- 5+ years manufacturing and/or laboratory experience required, food industry preferred.
- Three + years of supervisory experience in QA/QC preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven planning and organizing skills, leadership, teamwork, and influencing or collaboration skills.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills required.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments.
- Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be proficient with computer systems, personal computers, and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.) and mainframe system with custom applications.
- Proficiency in SAP/GLOBE systems is preferred.