Fantastic Management Team! Highly Profitable! Very Low Turnover!
Company is a manufacturer of industrial, transit and utility electrical products has an opening for an energetic operations professional . Company employs approximately 120 people in a multi-shift, non-union environment. Products are semi-custom and custom made. The position reports to the Vice President.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership for the company?s quality function and ensure alignment of all quality processes and customer standards. This person will develop and implement plans for problem solving and best practice sharing resulting in improved quality key performance indicators (KPIs). Will be responsible for managing the quality inspection team.
Minimum requirements are an Engineering degree, ten years or more industry experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the company in maintaining ISO Compliance, including the recertification to ISO9001-2015.
- The Quality Manager has the authority and responsibility for managing the quality system to ensure that the quality system and industry certifications are developed, implemented and maintained.
- Design and establish that the quality system within the operations departments ensures the quality integrity of the finished product.
- Evaluate processes and materials for ensuring the highest quality product.
- Act as liaison during third-party audits/assessments.
- Review all work instructions and documents to ensure that processes are consistent with Post Glover management objectives, procedures and the Quality System.
- Establish product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Establish methods and procedures for Documentation, Monitoring/Measurement and Improvement.
- Establish in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods and then devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establish rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Has the authority to disposition product, which has been suspected of nonconformance to Customer or Supplier quality requirements.
- Gather and analyze data to determine the root cause of problems. Implement companywide process for addressing root cause analysis.
- Manage and review Corrective Action Records to ensure corrective action effectiveness.
- Prepare product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain laboratory equipment calibration, methods validation, stability, raw material, in-process, and finished product testing programs
- Make recommendations to management, engineers, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities and process improvements.
- Maintain the competency of quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Coordinate the development of training programs with both Operations and Human Resources to assure that employees are trained to produce quality product and information.
- Initiate and promote continuous improvement principles of Lean Manufacturing throughout the organization to improve safety and quality, reduce cost and increase productivity.
- Must be adaptive and supportive of change and possess good communication skills.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Experience
- Engineering or other technical related field including special courses in Industrial Management and otherapplied engineering service
- BS Degree in Engineering
- ISO 9001 and Process Improvement
- Ten (10) or more years progressive training and experience in quality assurance and control techniques, and product reliability plus managerial responsibilities.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of quality management, total quality concepts, statistical analysis and/or process control required.
- Excellent analytical skills, technical writing skills, verbal and written communicational skills and the ability to communicate well with regulatory agencies, customers and other third-party stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to drive continual improvement of the quality system.
- Background in a high-mix low-volume, engineered-to-order manufacturing with metal fabrication preferred.
- Small to medium company experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Quality Assurance experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor's?
- Are you in Cincinnati, OH?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?