- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization’s safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Develop, administer, and manage STEMCO’s quality and environmental systems in accordance with customer, regulatory, and company requirements. Effective reporting of quality and environmental performance for review as a tool for improvement is also required.
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality and reliability.
- Determine and enforce – through functional groups – quality and environmental requirements in accordance with real company needs, based on current regulations and state-of-the-art product development.
- Organize and promote company wide quality and environmental improvement efforts.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques & equipment for control of quality and reliability.
- Act as a liaison with external parties on matters relating to the quality and environmental systems.
- Supervisory responsibility for quality engineers & technicians, including personnel development, training, merit increases, staffing, and performance assessments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Minimum requirement of a BS Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineeringdegree.
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Over five years technical experience in engineering work, experience in supervisory role.
- Must be computer literate in Windows applications, minimum word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Over five years experience in manufacturing industry (transportation a plus) leading and directing cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality and Environmental programs required. Certification is preferred.
- Certified ASQ Quality Manager is preferred.
- Demonstrated quality and reliability focus and experience in previous work assignments.
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal) to interface with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to utilize quality value creation tools (statistics, fishbone diagrams, QFD matrix) in development and improvement of quality system is preferred.
5+ years technical experience in engineering work, experience in supervisory role