If you offer experience as Quality Manager within manufacturing, you may have interest in applying to this permanent job in Elkhart, Indiana. In this job role you will formulate and direct the Plant-wide Quality Plan and all activities associated with the development, application, and maintenance of quality expectation standards for manufacturing processes, materials, and products. You should offer staff management skills. You will support management in operational goals and objectives.
Top Reason to Work with Us?
- Company was established in 1875 and is a leading manufacturer of a consumer product specialty offering both traditional design and quality and newly innovated design and quality
- Multiples sites within the U.S.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary and a large company that offers advancement
- Opportunity to lead and manage others
- Full benefits that include Medical plan options, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
What will you be doing?
- Ensure Quality Plan is maintained and revised when changes are implemented plant-wide
- Manage staff within quality department (4 direct; 5 indirect)
- Oversee all aspects of Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Responsible for over-all Quality level enforcement of the plant
- Responsible for documenting user-friendly quality documentation (SOP?s, Work Instructions?) and their display at each appropriate workstation
- Establish and maintain standards and methods for consistent inspection, testing and gauge calibration
- Establish sampling plans, AQL?s, and frequency schedule
- Establish and monitor Internal and External failures and analyze root cause
- Monitor product and process controls for conformity
- Develop, maintain and drive key quality metrics
- Assist in the implementation of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure robust quality gates and measure effectiveness
- Drive and lead Root Cause, Source of Variation and A3 initiatives
- Travel between plants, minimal travel
- Complete other duties as assigned
What do you need for this position?
- Bachelor?s degree in Engineering or a related Technical Field is required
- A minimum of 5years?experience in Quality Assurance Management with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments is required
- Experience managing staff within quality department (there are 4 direct and 5 indirect)
- Successful implementation of a formalized quality system in a manufacturing facility
- Proven success in the implementation of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills; strong interpersonal skills to work with employees at all levels; strong planning/organizational skills
- Past experience using a Visual Quality System; i.e., Infor, or other ERP system that includes quality management
- Experience in establishing and/or sustaining visual standards
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and results driven
- Requires periods of sedentary work, daily standing and walking on shop floor
- Requires repetitive upper body movement ? keyboard and monitor use
- Visual acuity