Sanford Rose Associates – Madison is an Executive Search Firm with focus in Food & Agri-business manufacturing, with a strong focus in Dairy, Whey & Cheese.
Our client is a dairy manufacturer in Texas, jointly owned by a dairy cooperative with membership across the southern part of the United States and a marketing company for sales of manufactured dairy products both domestic and international. This is a fully operational plant that was commissioned in 2015.
Spray Dry Operations and bulk packaging systems.
We are seeking a Quality Manager for oversight of the entire plant quality systems, control and laboratory. We seek an individual that is interested in the entire facility operation, someone who wants to be part of the Plant and is willing to be on the Production floor to assist in any way needed.
Experience in the laboratory and doing microbiological testing is required.
- Minimum B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology or similar; emphasis in Dairy required.
- 5-10 years experience (or more)
- Ability to create complete Food Safety Program, as in HACCP Plan, all pre-requisite
- Programs, Quality Assurance Plan, Food Safety Plan, and all SOP’s for Lab, etc.
- Knowledge of FSMA and its requirements as related to Production.
- Ability to outfit equipment, staff, and operate new lab with Certification as end goal.
- Knowledge of Dairy Industry Regulatory, including USDA, FDA, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO), Interstate Milk Shipments (IMS), Federal Milk Marketing Orders (FFMO) and any other related regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of SQF; Certified SQF Practitioner is a plus – but not required.
Quality – Implement and Manage the following Systems
- Sanitation / Environmental Program.
- GMP Program.
- Pest Control Program.
- Chemical Control Program.
- Trace-ability and Recall Program.
- Allergen Control Program.
- Customer Complaints / Process and Product Evaluation.
HACCP / Food Safety
- Implements and manage HACCP / Food Safety Teams and GMP programs.
- Audits CCP and prerequisite programs and documentation.
- Provides Training and Leadership in support of HACCP Program.
- Maintains and revises HACCP program documentation.
- Assist with initial Design & Specification of Quality capital equipment and Laboratory equipment
- Manages Laboratory Budget.
- Manages shipping expenses for samples and other customer / regulatory requests.
- Sets the testing schedule and manages tests to release all products with five days under normal circumstances.
- Tracks laboratory labor costs and manages overtime to maximize services efficiently.
- Approves purchase order requests.
- Analyzes data and charts trends - makes cost savings suggestions.
- Reviews maintenance agreement contracts on laboratory equipment and othercontract service providers and manages costs within the allotted budget.
- Maintains equipment calibrations.
- Develop testing schedules that release product in a timely manner and maximize warehouse and storage space.
- Release product in accordance to plant specifications.
- Provide accurate and timely producer payrollreports to accounting.
- Maintain Production and Laboratory records in accordance to regulatory agencies requirements.
- Develop and implement a laboratory training (Good Lab Practices) program.
- Ensure laboratory personnel comply with plant safety programs.
- Solicit ideas from employees regarding the improvement of a safe work environment
- Compliance of OSHA Safety Regulations
- Communicate safety issues/concerns to rest of the Management Team.
- Assist in Recruitment process for initial plant quality team
- Lead, Facilitate, Coach, Mentor, Develop, and Supervise Laboratory Department.
- Supports positive cross-functional interactions.
- Solicit new ideas from employees.
- Conduct employee reviews on time.
- Provide adequate time, training materials, and other resources that assist employees in learning their roles and responsibilities.
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
OTHER / OVERVIEW:
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package, including relocation assistance.
Reports to Plant General Manager