Crown Services, Inc. in Bardstown, KY is proud to consider leadership candidates for a career opportunity managing the Quality team and program for an established local packaging manufacturer. This opportunity is a Permanent Placement arrangement, whereby Crown Services acts an extension of our client companies' hiring manager to identify top talent for their manning needs. This career opportunity is with the company directly, and is available immediately!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees the direction of Quality through continuous improvement activities
- Carries out appropriate training and evaluation of the Quality Team
- Implements and monitors a Quality Assurance system, meeting food quality and safety regulatory requirements, within the standards of the following compliance organizations and protocols:
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards
- BRC Global Standard for Packaging
- SQF Packaging
- FSSC 22000
- Enforces the 7S Principles to prevent the outflow of major incidents related to the product and employees
- Provides the necessary technical expertise to improve Safety awareness and Quality Performance for employees and products
- Ensures quality organization works in a safe and ethical way – advancing core values and establishing a quality culture of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- Initiates effective measures upfront to adhere to food safety standards to help ensure food packaging will meet in-use demands and regulatory requirements so that the food contents can be enjoyed safely
- Refines and implements reporting, visualization, and communication of quality performance within the organization
- Supports cross functional teams to resolve customer complaints, utilizing the Quality Improvement Process, and an effective corrective action system, such PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Action)
- Provides guidance for all functions on quality processes, starting from the customer and product design up to product delivery to the customer – customer satisfaction
- Analyzes data gathered and plans accordingly to improve product quality through interpretation of laws and regulations, regarding food grade packaging and environmental aspects (recycle - reduce - reuse)
- Builds and develops the quality competency to enable the organization to deal effectively with quality requirements and to facilitate continuous improvements, through QA Inspections, and traceability on internal and external testing
- Provides training on quality tools (Calibration, auditing, work instructions, rational thinking skills, etc.) and systems (UPONE) to personnel at the site
In this role, you can expect to:
- Establish an informed and thorough materials evaluation process
- Identify and document food safety hazards and relevant control measures (HACCP/GMP)
- Identify applicable GMPs (e.g., pest control, equipment & building maintenance, housekeeping & cleaning)
- Establish a robust FSMS that aligns with existing management systems (i.e., quality, environmental, health & safety)
- Implement any needed structural improvements.
- Institute ongoing material and packaging testing protocols, as well as strict handling and use requirements
- Establish standardized protocols, guidelines, and methods (ex: customer issue resolution process for return of product, customer accommodations, test methods, etc.) for regional processes; align with global processes
- Completion of inspection and packaging to guarantee delivery and due dates are met
- Drive efficiency of operating activities to lead cost reductions on electricity, recyclables and make suggestion
Leadership skill to lead, motivate employees to keep operations running smoothly, driving improvement in performance
Understands the contents of projects and timeline of events, supporting the team with follow ups for completion.
High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate Degree or Technical Degree or certification preferred.
Must wear proper PPE (Personal Protective and Product Protective
Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a
continuous improvement environment.
Must adhere to all food grade requirements.
Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment.
Serious candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Understand department objectives, to carry out the activity to accomplish set goals
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify, and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget
- Adapts easily to change, performs calmly under pressure, and works effectively in ambiguous environments
- Working knowledge of analytical chemistry for manufacturing quality control
- Must be well versed in ISO 9001:2015, ISO 22000, BRC
- Identify regulatory requirements, which may include commissioning of plant and equipment to confirm compliance with food safety requirements
- Set clear target dates for assessment and implementation
- Perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload; must respond accordingly.
- Must be flexible with work hours-shifts
Must be 18 years of age or older, and eligible to work in US. Crown Services, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D..