- Coordinate Quality actions from all functions (Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Service, and Category) in Tier 1-3 project core teams.
- Deploy the Project House of Quality with support from the Continuous Improvement Manager, Product Quality Manager, Product Development Manager and Project Lead to define customer requirements.
- Translate P2 quality targets to module targets and then develop improvement projects to support obtaining the target.
- This will require close interaction with product and process engineers throughout the design process. Develop the Product Quality Schedule and Deliverables Plan as input into the overall project schedule to drive completion with the support of the cross-functional quality teams.
- Have a clear understanding of triggers & timing of key quality deliverables throughout project and the WPD process.
- Drive Product Quality Previews to assess project risk at tollgates and determine functional “readiness”. Lead FRACAS Failure Review Board, manage Quality Action Register, and drive resolution of issues on a timely basis escalating to the project core team and functional leadership as needed.
- Lead key proactive quality improvement project teams for critical “KG’s” (Knowledge Gap’s ).
- Participate and support APQP and functional quality activities to ensure completion and escalate issue to core team. For example: DLM, 3P, 2P, DFMEA/PFMEA development, producibility reviews, CV, DV, PV, Pilot, Safe Launch.
- Participate in the planning and execution of testing including Engineering Field Test, Usability Testing, Consumer Use Field Tests and Internal Test Sales
- Partner with key technology and manufacturing sites to support continuous improvement efforts as needed
- BS Degree in engineering or related field.
- 5+ year’s in new product development or product design engineering
- 3+ year’s work experience in the area of Quality
- Solid understanding of quality processes, methods, and tools (APQP/PPAP, PIQ, A3, 8D, DFMEA/PFMEA, QFD, DVP&R, Control Plan)
- Masters’ Degree or MBA
- Previous experience with new product launches as well as existing product continuous improvement cycles.
- Clear understanding of triggers and timing of key Quality deliverables throughout the product development process.
- Knowledge of, and exposure to, manufacturing processes and Quality metrics preferred.
- Previous experience working with component or finished goods suppliers is desirable.
- Strong data acquisition, analysis, and knowledge building skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making capabilities. Quality/OPEX Black Belt or Lean/Continuous Improvement Certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of Quality metrics and calculations. Familiarity with ONTRAC (SAS Warranty Analysis), PowerReviews, and SAS Visual Analytics is highly desirable.
- Passion for the customer.
- Ability to effectively translate the Voice of the Customer into product requirements and Quality targets.
- Demonstrated ability to translate vision and strategy into specific goals and priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, organization, project management and change management skills.
- Experience interfacing with and influencing all levels of an organization and leadership.
- Demonstrated the ability to work independently, as well as within a team and across functions.
- Ability to prioritize, run parallel projects and deliver on time with outstanding quality of content and form.
- Willingness and ability to take calculated informed risks. Adaptability, flexibility and an appreciation for context when making decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google collaboration tools