What We Need:
We are seeking an outstanding Quality Manager/Construction Engineer to join the I-4 Project Co team. This position will be based out of the Orlando, FL area, and will report to the I-4 Construction Oversight Director.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure development, optimization and proper implementation of the QA/QC Plan with focus on QC;
- Provide onsite reporting for the DB works of the I-4 Ultimate Project. Responsible for monitoring progress and verifying compliance with the established QA/QC plans.
- Provide support to other team members / directors on e.g. scheduling, estimating, design and ITS.
What You’ll Focus On:
- Monitor the implementation of the QA/QC-Plan and propose enhancements as appropriate;
- Monitor the performance of QC and compliance with QA/QC plan;
- Closely work with contractor to bring QC to a level that meets contract requirements and simultaneously helps I4MP meeting its project objectives regarding quality of the works and timeliness of delivery;
- Monitor the NCR/NCWR and FCR/RFM/RFI processes, report progress to Construction Oversight Director, resolve issues with a focus on Life Cycle and O&M impacts, and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Hold regular meetings with QAM, QAF and DB Contractor to review QA/QC process issues, performance and workmanship – liaise with Construction Oversight Director;
- Review/analyze reports provided by contractors and develop/maintain tracking tools and reports to monitor progress, e.g. NCWR timely closure, NCWR type and frequencies, provide Construction Oversight Director with reports to assist in identifying issues;
- Provide input into monthly reports for presentation to the Board, covering key construction and QA/QC issues and provide timely and accurate information and reports to the Construction Oversight Director in agreed format(s);
- Monitor project MOT review, approval, and implementation and report to Construction Oversight Director;
- To provide support on e.g. scheduling, estimating, design and ITS;
- Provide regular safety checks during site visits, including site observations and verification of the implementation of the CJV’s Safety Program (e.g. completion of DHA’s and Crew Safety Reviews);
- Undertake other duties as determined by the Construction Oversight Director.
What We’re Looking For:
- 7-10 years of experience in construction, transportation and infrastructure projects, such as heavy civil, highway and bridge, with at least some experience with large ($100M+) complex projects.
- Experience with monitoring QA/QC processes in a construction setting;
- Familiarity with FDOT (or similar DOT) procedures and standards,
- Understand QA/QC process and ability to work on improvements together with contractor, QA Firm, Client, and O&M Director;
- Familiarity with Maintenance of Traffic procedures and requirements;
- Sound knowledge of applicable Technical Requirements and State, Federal and local regulations and safety laws;
- Proficient with reading and interpreting Contract Documents, specifically design and construction plans and specifications and other documentation associated with heavy civil construction;
- Understand impact of construction issues on long term maintenance and lifecycle;
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with FDOT/COS Staff, QA Firm staff, as well as CJV Field Personnel (asphalt crews, construction crews, Area leadership;
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem solver; Ability to influence and persuade others;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and deliver effectively;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required by the project;
- Possess strong computer skills and be proficient with MS Office products and software;
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to obtain a Criminal History Background Check and drug screen.
- Basic understanding or experience with Special Purpose Vehicle and P3 projects.
- Undergraduate degree in Construction, Civil Engineering or related degree
- FDOT CTQP Certifications (or similar)
- American Concrete Institute Certifications
- OSHA 30 Training