$90K — $110K *
$90-105K plus bonus
Our client in Columbia, SC is looking to hire a Quality Manager. This Quality Manager will direct, manage and coordinate the quality control leads and technicians in performance of duties relating to inspection, laboratory testing and statistical process control in the plant. This Manager will be part of the plant leadership team and will provide input to the strategic plan and operations of the facility. This Manager is also responsible for implementing, maintaining and modifying the plant’s quality management systems to improve business operating systems and to meet the requirements of customers and best practice audits.
· Manage the plant quality control department and supervise the quality employees.
· Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
· Design, implement and direct the quality program for the plant, including but not limited to plant management responsibilities, document and data control.
· Inspect incoming purchased materials, work-in-process material, rework materials and finished goods. Assure the required level of quality through visual inspection, statistical sampling and laboratory testing of materials. Ascertain the reasons for nonconforming materials.
· Control of customer supplied materials and nonconforming product/material.
· Establish/monitor/maintain statistical process control (SPC) programs. Advise and instruct local managers in utilization of SPC data.
· Maintain access to the company corporate database that houses customer specifications and established guidelines for achieving requirements related to product safety, quality, legality, process and specifications.
· Provide consistent ongoing analysis of process capability (CPK) statistics. Determine, recommend, and assist in continuous improvement pgroams.
· Internal Quality Audits.
· Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field.
· 5+ years experience in a Quality role.
· Experience with ISO quality systems or AIB International.
· Experience with AVID systems a plus.
· Knowledge of SPC, various testing/troubleshooting methods.
· Knowledge of chemical composition, structure and properties of substances.
· Strong people skills.
Valid through: 7/9/2021