Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Technical Service Supervisor is tasked with participating in the development and implementation of the operational strategy to maximize the department’s operational effectiveness. You will support your department’s continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop and implement quality monitoring procedures for all product categories.
- Manage and maintain all quality lab activities.
- Train and supervise the quality technicians in their role of validating the quality of production and the effectiveness of product changeovers.
- Analyze lab data, identify areas for improvement of quality and productivity and propose corrective actions plans when necessary.
- Actively participate in the development and qualification of all new products.
- Implement a process for regular monitoring and evaluation of raw material suppliers.
- Produce and present the monthly quality report.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Production to develop quality standards and testing protocols to ensure products are made to expectations.
- Develop and manage policies and procedures for compliance with GMP, HACCP, BRC, and other 3rd party certification systems.
- Responsible for environmental compliance and recycling.
- Oversee janitorial and pest control Services.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of experience in related field
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing/quality
- Knowledge in quality methods
- Strong leadership with methodical problem solving/analytical and statistical skills
- Team player with excellent verbal, written and electronic communication and organizational skills and very detail oriented
- Experience in 3rd party certifications, standards development, training and enforcement
- Extensive experience in the manufacturing sector
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP (an asset)
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to help team members develop and achieve their goals
- Ability to proactively address issues and problems by proposing solutions
- Ability to carry out a number of projects simultaneously while respecting deadlines and priorities
- Agility needed to work with various technological tools