- Manage and monitor quality control activities to ensure that products comply with defined specifications and standards
- Ensure that customer complaints are addressed in a controlled and expedient fashion, to the satisfaction of the customer. With all remedial actions implemented to prevent further occurrences.
- Work closely with the CALP Operations, Plant Quality and Process Product Technology groups to drive quality initiatives, improvements and assist in the maintenance and development of the quality management system and procedures to meet customer requirements.
- Facilitate the internal audits, corrective/preventive, document and data control programs.
- Perform capability and other statistical studies on products and processes.
- Develop a skilled team through training, performance measurement and feedback.
- Monitor, participate and facilitate teams for continuous improvement, product development, FMEA development, Control plan Development, Supplier programs. Etc.
- Support Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing initiatives by participating on teams as a subject matter expert, and facilitate project teams in improvement efforts focused on improved quality, increased throughput, and cost control.
- Assist in the continual development and maintenance of the Quality Standards; ISO9000, TS 16949
- Conduct process audits in conjunction with existing quality team to identify non-conforming and recommendations for improvement where necessary to assure quality OEM products
- Supplier development activities, to include monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure all machine vision (Parsytec) systems are maintained for operation. Co-ordinate and monitor the creation, updating and storage of all data and defect recognition for inspection systems.
- Root cause analysis to issue resolution and closure.
- Maintain a climate of consistency, trust and employee involvement following the CBA.
- Provide effective communication link with all individuals and work groups across the department.
- Address obstacles to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Bachelors of Science in a technical, science or engineering discipline; material science or chemistry required. In exceptional cases, relevant work history can be substituted for education.
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience working a quality related field. This includes quality systems (ISO9000, TS16949, etc.), quality control, six sigma and testing labs.
- A minimum 1-3 years previous experience in SPC, six sigma, design of experiments, quality planning, project engineering, product testing and auditing.
- Must have strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Photo Editor)
- Must possess strong decision making and problem solving skills including the ability to diagnose and solve problems while exhibiting independent judgment and realistic understanding of the issue involved.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple task and objectives as well as take on multiple roles to meet the business needs.
- Must possess strong analytical thinking skills and use logic, math, formal problem solving technicques and data analysis tools to provide guidance and reach solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal direction
- Practical audit and statistical analysis skills
- Excellent leading, interpersonal, planning and organizing, time management, and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage, develop, and lead work groups to reach their maximum potential in achieving both short-term and long-term desired goals of the department.
- Ability to create a cooperative, safe, and productive work environment that seeks input rom each worker.
- Ability to interpret and diagnose problems, accumulate significant data, seek contributions, sort data, and initiate actions to prevent and overcome problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.