The Quality Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the Quality Control Lab to establish and maintain quality assurance system, promote core values of customer satisfaction, regulatory compliance and continual improvement that positively impact financial performance. Manages the analyses of incoming raw materials, in-process samples, and finished products. Manages quality critical lab equipment with an effective PM program and employs a Quality Management System that is robust, effective, and compliant with industry standards. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to drive Continuous Improvement programs to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring the understanding of quality goals and procedures for all levels and providing training to all personnel regarding quality policies and practices.
- Serves as primary point of contact with Operations, Customer Care, Business Leadership Team, and Plant Management to ensure quality objectives are clearly understood and properly integrated into the business processes.
- Designs and implements control plans to ensure quality testing is accomplished and issues are tracked and resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for Quality Management System and ensures the requirements of AS9100 are implemented and sustained through the internal audit process.
- Reviews/updates as necessary quality control, inspection and testing SOP’s.
- Maintains all test results and quality records.
- Manages the disposition of finish products, re-validation, expired shelf-life, and rework.
- Leads investigation on all quality related impacts. Utilizes RCCA techniques (5WHYS) and implements control plans to eliminate reoccurrence of non-conformances.
- Develops and leads implementation of solutions to nonconformities and to satisfy quality issues raised by customers and act as a primary point of contact for quality-related customer inquiries.
- Leads investigation of all quality related impacts. Implement control plans to eliminate reoccurrence of non-conformances
- Collaborates with operations on a daily basis to ensure on-time shipments and customer satisfaction
- Leads RFT (Right First Time) tracking and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Utilizes SPC tools to support the continuous improvement process.
- Implement an effective calibration and PM program for critical Lab equipment .
- Explores new technology for equipment upgrades to maximize efficiency.
- Drives an Incident Free Culture utilizing safety programs supports Responsible Care Management System (RCMS).
- Ensures manufacturing compliance with established customer and/or technical requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in a technical field and 5+ years working experience in Chemical, Aerospace, or manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Supervision in a Chemical Manufacturing/Quality Environment
- Strong knowledge of AS9100 and/or ISO9001
- Quality Management Audit experience – preferred
- Excellent understanding of LEAN and Six Sigma principles, Six Sigma Green Belt – preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SAP, Minitab
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer you:
- Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages, inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance bonus program.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a variety of benefits to support your financial security, health and wellbeing including retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
- Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance between working hours and personal life. With our global “Xwork” program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in which we operate.
- Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal learning .