The Boyd (Woburn) Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that our products and services exceed the requirements of our customers. This individual will assume full responsibility for all aspects of quality and serve as Boyd (Woburn) management representative for all customer issues related to product quality and reliability.
The Quality Manager will take the actions necessary to improve product quality by identifying and addressing product non conformances. Emphasis is on proactively managing customer satisfaction by delivering the highest quality thermal products in the industry, in particular, the aerospace market.
This individual will also assume full responsibility for all aspects of our QMS and serve as Boyd (Woburn)’s lead auditor and management representative for all customer and registrar audits. The Quality Manager will take the actions necessary to ensure Boyd (Woburn) stay ahead of emerging standards and customer compliance requirements by managing a robust QMS.
The Quality Manager will manage a team consisting of Quality Engineers, Supplier Quality Engineers, Quality Associates, Supervisors and Inspectors.
- Identify causes of scrap and rework within manufacturing and eliminate.
- Work with shop floor management and shop floor work cells to identify failure modes and drive improvement.
- Define quality requirements at the shop floor level.
- Ensure timely processing of any product non-conformances found at incoming or in process.
- Partner with service management to participate in failure analysis activities, compile data and reduce product failure modes.
- Establish and implement process for addressing and resolving customer product quality issues in a timely manner.
- Drive capa through the organization to insure that any findings or non-conformances are addressed quickly.
- Participate in the development of customer prototypes to insure customer requirements are met
- Coordinate and complete all First Article submittals to customers.
- Define inspection processes, requirements, frequency and sampling internally and through sub tier
- Drive improvements at key and critical suppliers to insure high quality incoming materials
- Ensure that the Boyd (Woburn) QMS meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D.
- Work with organization to ensure all customer responses, correspondence and submittals are completed on time.
- Own the source inspection process. Manage and schedule all source inspections.
- Complete any customer quality surveys or questionnaires.
- Ready to support customers in different time zones.
- Willing to travel up to 10% domestic and international when required.
- Advocate for lean, 6S and safety.
- As a member of the Boyd (Woburn) management team, perform additional duties as required.
Education / Background
- S. in a technical discipline with a minimum of eight years experience in a quality role.
- Prior experience with machining, welding, brazing, assembly based manufacturing, lean and 5S.
- Served in a previous Quality role with ownership of product quality and the QMS.
- Customer focused with the ability to mobilize the organization to respond quickly to customer questions and requests.
- Results oriented and demonstrates a sense of urgency to resolve problems and issues.
- Persistent and willing to do whatever it takes to overcome obstacles and provide answers on time
- Shows the initiative necessary to take responsibility and drive important tasks which have been left unfinished by others when customer commitments will be missed.
- Ability to maintain composure and stay calm in stressful situations