Our food processing client is seeking a Quality Manager in the Bloomington, IL area. They manufacture food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. Apply today!
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferably in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or similar Science/Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant the GFSI standards such as SQF.
- Minimum 4-10 years of quality experience and/or training.
- Experience managing quality and food safety systems.
- Experience in a plant environment strongly preferred.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team leadership and development.
- The Quality Manager is responsible for all quality functions including food safety, sanitation efficiencies, customer service, and overall performance of the quality department.
- Ensure effective food safety compliance and work with plant management team to implement programs to mitigate risk.
- Develop and maintain food safety and quality systems including QC & QA.
- Enforce company standards in the areas of ingredient and product standards, process specifications, formula compliance, sanitation/GMP/pest control, and regulatory compliance.
- Track report and review agreed upon KPI's. Develop and lead the plant Quality Improvement Plan.
- Develop and maintain qualified personnel within the plant Quality department, through training, communication, and accountability.
- Continuously improve knowledge of products and technology to investigate variation and resolve technical problems with the team.