This privately owned corporation has been profitable for the past 50+ years, has low turn-over, and has a reputation for being employee focused.
Our client is looking for a hands-on Quality Manager to serve as the primary contact for inspection, scrap reduction, and materials related matters. The Quality Manager will hold overall responsibility for the company's QMS system and oversee a team of inspectors, quality engineers and supervisors.
- Lead technical support staff for material specifications, testing, and non-conformance procedures.
- Responsible for inspection throughout manufacturing operations including process adjustments, and support for scrap reduction efforts.
- Responsible for training and calibration of test and measurement tools.
- Define inspectionprocesses and train manufacturing personnel on requirements, frequency and sampling.
- Provide safe work environment for all associates
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of manufacturing experience
- 5+ years of experience leading quality/inspection teams that includes machining or metal joining
- Lean manufacturing; ISO9001 or AS 9100 experience
- Hands-on knowledge of inspection protocols and tools
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship