Aerospace / Defense
Company is seeking to fill a Quality Manager position at our Pittsburgh PA area manufacturing facility. Products for military aerospace or Defense applications are manufactured at this location. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Responsible for overall management of all quality systems at our PA location & 2other manufacturing Sites **
- Manage quality staff and provide support for the manufacturing operations.
- Manage internal project reporting for the reduction of CoPQ and DQ. (Cost of Poor Quality and Delivered Quality)
- Establish and maintain a Quality Assurance Standard and Program that monitors, identifies, records and recommends possible solutions of any non-conformities and/or inconsistencies relating to the manufacturing process, final product, and quality system.
- Assist in formulating and establishing new products that coincide with the current market or customer demands.
- Works closely with the Plant Manager, Production Lead Manager, Engineering, and CSR personnel to maintain information on customer demand and needs.
- Provide customer requested documentation including but not limited to Quality Improvement Plans and complete customer questionnaires.
- Provide management support in the development and maintenance of the EH&S program.
- Contribute to overall Company quality initiatives, collaborating with other plants within the Group
- Train and develop Quality Engineers to ensure a culture of Continuous Improvement (C.I.) within the plant Quality Department
- Leads plant Management Review process to identify improvements and monitor progress of C.I. activities
- Confers with Engineering and Manufacturing personnel to assist with resolution of any internal or external quality concerns (including: scrap, suspect material, non-conforming material requiring deviation, etc.)
Ensures the maintenance, updating & compliance to specific requirements necessary to support the business model (e.g. AS9100, ISO14000, Customer-specific requirements, etc.)
· Ability to determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods to manufacturing processes a must.
· Ability to establish statistical reliability is a must
· Ability to Standardization in Quality Assurance process improvement tools and methodologies is a must.
· Candidate must be an US Person (US Citizen or Green Card)