- Ensure that products, services and data delivered to customers meet all specified standards of quality contained in the contract and specifications.
- Assist and evaluate quality engineering and quality inspection personnel within department.
- Provide supplemental inspectionsupport as required during peak production periods.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, vendors, co-workers and other professionals
- Develop and/or review, implement, monitor and evaluate product quality policies, methods, operating practices and functional performance standards for the company. Provide technical and functional support to quality initiatives to facilitate proper implementation within objectives and requirements. Interface directly with Operations and Engineering and additional personnel on a routine basis.
- Ensure that operations or processes affecting quality standards are tested, audited and evaluated for compliance with company procedures and customer requirments
- Apply Lean / Six Sigma methods company-wide through projects and improvement actions such as Kaizen events
- Develop and maintain a system for identification and control of nonconforming material that require corrective actions.
- Research, develop and maintain a data collection and reporting system that provides the capability to identify hardware trends in quality, life-cycle and costs relating to scrap, rework and repair.
- Develop and apply statistical and other quality methods, tools and techniques and product screening methods that improve product quality and reliability or provide cost reduction.
- Performs and directs special projects.
- Performs/Manages other related duties as assigned by the Director of Operations/Quality, including those in support of the company Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) program.
Education and Experience:
- Four (4) yeardegree highly desired.
- Experience in problem-solving techniques (i.e. Statistical Quality Control/Statistical Process Control) considered a plus.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of broad quality experience, of which at least five (5) years should be in the quality assurance and/or quality control disciplines and at least three (3) years should be in managing technical/non-technical personnel and complex activities within the engineering or operations fields.
- Detailed understanding of ISO 9000 practices and IATF processes
- Experience with Lean / Six Sigma methods and application (8D, 5Why, FMEA)
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to understand, develop and evaluate quality management and/or quality engineering policies, practices and methods in accordance with quality system procedures.
- Ability to plan, communicate, direct and hence implement within the company, quality practices and procedures to ensure high quality product and services are achieved at competitive prices.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals, legal documents and government regulations and standards. Ability to monitor legislative and regulatory trends and changes and keep top management informed.
- Ability to use proper English spelling, grammar and legible office and business writing skills.
- Ability to speak well; have good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel; effective human relations skills are essential.
- Ability to motivate others; sound listening skills; pays attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines; multi-task oriented; and ability to work under pressure.
- Detailed knowledge and ability to implement MRB programs and implement change management
- Knowledge and skills associated with 5s concepts and implementing a 5s culture
- Strong work ethic
Other Work Conditions And Requirements
- Employee works in a quiet environment.
- Travel may be required for several days on short notice.