Why is This a Great Opportunity?
This person will lead the Quality function of the company. He/she will be responsible for the oversight, management, and implementation of the site Quality Management System insuring it meets Corporate Quality standards. Additionally the Quality Manager will direct a team of professionals including engineers, inspectors, and technicians.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes
- Decides whether to accept a product or continue business with a vendor based on review of vendor quality data.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
- Keeps management team at the site and corporate level abreast of significant issues or developments.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards
- Designs and implements quality training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Investigate and report all customer complaints about product and system quality.
- Perform inspection work (under FAA guidelines) as required.
- Completes and publishes required metrics data and reports.
Function as the site level Quality Management Representative for all quality system and related regulatory audits
- BS in a technical field or BA in Business Administration.
- 5-7 years of experience as a quality manager or quality engineer in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience working with DCMA, FAA, and customer source inspectors;
- Experience in leading corrective action teams
- Must be a role model of company culture.
- MUST be US Citizen