Position Title Quality Manager - Aerospace - AR #3817
Location Hot Springs, Arkansas
Company has an immediate opening for a Quality Manager. Well diversified small business supplier to leading aerospace, defense, business jet, and DOD customers.
The Quality Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for the Quality Management System, The Quality Manager reports directly to the President of the company, and is responsible for ensuring all manufactured products meet engineering design specifications and the company maintains compliance with all customer, NADCAP, and regulatory requirements.
This position represents an ideal opportunity for an individual who has been progressing in their career path to advance in to a senior management role with a small, but very diversified shop supporting key aerospace and defense programs.
The ideal candidate will have following attributes:
- Experience working in Aerospace Machining, Sheet Metal, Composite/Metal Bonding, Heat Treating, Chemical Processing, and Painting operations.
- Working knowledge of AS-9100 QMS, Inspection, Calibration, Quality Engineering, CMM Inspection, Environmental Compliance, Internal Audit, and NADCAP.
- 5-10 years experience as an inspector, quality engineer, or quality system administrator manufacturing environment from aerospace and/or defense industries.
- 3-5 years experience in a quality management or engineering role.
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational, strategic and statistical skills.
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- An effective sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, small company environment.
- Ability to work effectively on a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
The Quality Manager role includes performing or oversight of:
- First Article Inspectionreports.
- Daily supervision of direct reports (4)
- Internal and external audit activities
- Quality Engineering and Planning staff
- Supervision of Calibration Lab staff
- Other quality related projects or duties as assigned by the President
- Lead efforts to maintain NADCAP and customer approvals for heat treat, chemical processing, and painting.
- Primary responsibility for supporting all elements of the quality program and for driving overall quality in all aspects of manufacturing
- Responsible for defining, implementing and managing crucial processes and metrics to meet customer quality expectations, internal quality expectations, financial, and contractual commitments.
- Own the process compliance / quality improvement activity for the facility.
- Participate in managing the business as senior staff member Manufacturing, Purchasing, Contracts, Finance, and Engineering management.
- Support and lead Kiazen events, Six Sigma projects, and continuous improvement projects.
- Act as the primary QA interface with internal / external customers.
Required Software: Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access), CMM Inspection Software such as Verisurf, CAD/CAM experience would be beneficial.
Job Type: Full-time
Quality Management: 3 years
Aerospace Manufacturing: 10 years
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 10+ years of experience in Aerospace Manufacturing including 3+ years in Quality Management.
2. Proficiency in CMM Inspection Software such as Verisurf.
3. Experience working in Aerospace Machining, Sheet Metal, Composite/Metal Bonding, Heat Treating, Chemical Processing, and Painting operations.
4. Working knowledge of AS-9100 QMS, Inspection, Calibration, Quality Engineering, CMM Inspection, Environmental Compliance, Internal Audit, and NADCAP.
5. CAD/CAM experience would be beneficial.