Develops, maintains, and verifies implementation of the project quality program/plan for WTCC. Manages and coordinates the project quality program/plan activities associated with one or more functions in engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations and decommissioning of a project. Maintains client liaison and communication for project quality activities. Advises management of project quality problems and progress. Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from the Manager of Quality and Six Sigma and/or the WTCC President/General Manager. Represents the project during audits conducted by client, management, or regulatory agencies. Maintains contact with project team members in engineering, procurement, construction, administrative services, testing, operations, decommissioning, and other project personnel, and with client and staff quality personnel. Interfaces with suppliers and contractors on quality related items.
This position shall be performed under the day-to-day direction, control and supervision of WTCC.
- Directs quality activities and their effective implementation in a quality function or on a project, communicating with engineering, procurement, and construction, administrative services, testing, operations, decommissioning, and other project personnel to ensure management goals and objectives are met.
- Coordinates the preparation of and establishes the quality program/plan within the project.
- Reviews and approves quality‑related procedures prepared on the project to ensure compliance with the project quality program/plan.
- Ensure new or revised regulatory requirements are reviewed and incorporated into the quality program/plan.
- Trains quality personnel assigned to the project.
- Supervises and participates in the project auditing and monitoring program to verify the effectiveness of the project quality program/plan and enable the timely mitigation of technical and program/project risks.
- Recommends actions to project personnel to correct observed quality deficiencies.
- Manages complex organizational interactions that evolve from the participation of several functional teams or from client-established relationships.
- Represents the project during quality assurance audits conducted by the client, management, or regulatory agencies.
- Reviews project schedules for quality‑related activities to ensure timely and effective implementation of the project quality plan requirements.
- Identifies quality problems, initiates documented action and verifies implementation of solutions. Manages the project corrective action system.
- Initiates stop-work action, when warranted.
- Forecasts job hours and monitors charges to the project quality budget.
- Initiates project quality staffing requirements and budgets for approval.
- Prepares reports on the effectiveness of the quality program/plan implementation.
Supervises a staff of direct and matrixed QA professionals who are responsible for implementation of and compliance with the Project.
(EFNM) Exposed Field Non-Manual
Bechtel is designing, constructing and commissioning the world’s largest radioactive waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department of Energy at the Hanford Site in southeastern Washington state. The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant will use vitrification technology to process and solidify 56 million gallons (210 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site, which is a byproduct of plutonium production during World War II and the Cold War era.
The project is the largest undertaking of its kind and one of DOE’s most technically challenging cleanup projects. Its construction spans 65 acres (26 hectares) with four major nuclear facilities – Pretreatment, Low-Activity Waste Vitrification, High-Level Waste Vitrification and Analytical Laboratory – as well as operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, other support facilities.
The Waste Treatment Completion Company (WTCC) is a limited liability corporation created by Bechtel National Inc. (BNI) and AECOM. WTCC is a subcontractor to BNI, the prime contractor, to deliver the construction, turnover, startup, and commissioning activities for the WTP project.
This position is located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) and works a 4 x 10 schedule, Monday-Thursday 6:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, or a related subject from an accredited university and 15years of related experience or in lieu of a degree 21 years of directly related experience.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which includes verification of employment and education. Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
- Broad knowledge of the quality principles/tools and their application to engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or decommissioning.
- Technical knowledge in the application of engineering, environmental science, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or decommissioning practices sufficient to comprehend specified engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the application of corrective actions to reconcile nonconforming conditions.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and functions which impact the quality program/plan.
- Advanced oral and written communication, change management, facilitation and coaching skills.
- Proficiency in providing direction and on the job training to assigned personnel.
- Proficiency in managing financial performance.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer programs.
- Working knowledge of the following codes and standards: 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 830 Subpart A, ASME NQA-1, DOE O 414.1, DOE O 226.1, EM-QA-001, and QARD DOE/RW/0333P.
- Familiar with Bechtel Standard Application Program standards and other automation tools which are used on projects.
- Current or previous DOE and/or nuclear experience.
- Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States.