The Lab Manager must assure the satisfactory quality levels of incoming raw materials and in-process materials, compounds, and components as well as finished products by managing all operations of the Prescott Quality Assurance Lab. This position provides technical support in order to assure compliance to established Firestone and customer requirements to reduce the number of quality issues.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing all personnel and operation for testing in the MRC and Seam Tape Labs at the Prescott Plant
- Establish and maintain lab planning and budgets to assure accurate and on time testing
- Monitor specific performance characteristics in both labs
- Coordinate and facilitate specific testing confirmation of suspect materials to assure product quality
- Ensure procedures meet or exceed Bridgestone Americas and local standards and achieve targeted production objectives
- Coordinate and facilitate collection and assimilation of required performance data for new product release, current production quality, and specific customer requirement.
- Monitor all calibrations in both labs.
- Maintain staffing schedules in both labs.
- Oversee the performance metrics of both labs.
- Must have working knowledge of testing equipment.
- Must be familiar with ASTM & International testing requirements of the EPDM Rubber testing.
Bachelors Degree and 7 years experience or Associates Degree and 9 years experience
Strong knowledge of Excel with experience with Minitab
Experience with Alpha Enterprise software
Ability to perform Measurement System Analysis (gage R&R)