I believe that the care we give can make every moment count.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s how our Hospice improves quality of life in the final stages of life. By delivering palliative care by hospice professionals, our patients can spend their remaining days in comfort and peace. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
We believe that every moment matters. We believe in compassionate care. Most of all, we believe in dignity and respect for each patient we serve.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Quality RN Manager, you will:
- Coordinate with other patient care staff to perform on-going chart audits to identify documentation areas in need of improvement. Develop a monthly chart audit report summary.
- Develop monthly documentation in-services to train staff in areas identified as needing improvement.
- Conduct or coordinate the monthly documentation in-service.
- Develop and implement a Compliance Notification system, and ensure response to notices within five days of notification.
- Ensure the program is in 90% compliance to both the comprehensive chart audit and the annual program regulatory review.
- Attend daily stand-up meeting and IDG meetings as indicated.
- Participate in management meetings, discuss areas in need of improvement, and coordinate the plan of correction.
- Attend A/R meetings.
- Conduct a quarterly mock survey of the program and inpatient unit as required. Discuss mock survey report with management staff and coordinate the plan of correction. Threshold for results is a minimum of 90%.
- Coordinate general orientation for all new employees and develop an orientation calendar.
- Perform employee and volunteer in-services as needed. Perform one-on-one training with all staff as indicated.
- Be responsible for all HIPAA procedures, including maintaining confidentiality in all areas: HIPAA in-services and training; handle all requests for records; and HIPAA privacy compliance.
- Manage the QAPI program. Conduct a quarterly Designated IDG/QAPI and safety committee meeting. Coordinate with committee members on assigned surveys and audits. Ensure the completion of all required audit results and reports (per QAPI Plan). Complete meeting minutes and maintain the QAPI Manual.
- Coordinate the initial and annual HA Competency Training and Evaluations. Update the HA CEU & Competency Evaluation tracking report. Update the tracking report monthly and present to PCMs.
- Bachelor’s degree and C.H.P.N. certification preferred
- Registered nurse
- Minimum of three years hospice or related health care field experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of the hospice philosophy
- Must have effective speaking and training skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability, planning and project skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written/verbal and communication skills
- Proficient in basic PC skills such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Keywords: Admissions Nurse, Admission Nurse, case management, case manager, hospice, hospice nurse, hospice RN, Nurse Care Manager, Nurse Job, Nurse Jobs, palliative care nurse, palliative care RN, palliative care registered nurse, registered nurse, RN Job, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Job, Registered Nurse Jobs, Nursing, Registered Nurse Case Manager, RN, R.N., RN Case Manager, quality improvement, clinical director, clinical manager, clinical supervisor, RN clinical director, RN clinical manager, RN clinical supervisor, nurse clinical manager, nurse clinical director, nurse clinical supervisor, clinical administrator, nurse administrator, RN administrator, patient care manager, patient care director, patient care supervisor, director of nursing, manager of nursing, supervisor of nursing, DON, DOCS, director of clinical services, field case manager, RN manager, RN supervisor, RN director, registered nurse director, registered nurse manager, registered nurse supervisor, nurse management, hospice manager, hospice director, hospice supervisor, hospice nursing, hospice management, hospice RN manager, hospice RN director, hospice RN supervisor, QA RN, QA nurse, Q.A. nurse, quality assurance RN, quality assurance nurse, quality assurance registered nurse, OASIS C, OASIS-C, HCS-D, HCSD, HCS D, COSC, COS-C, COS C, certificate for OASIS specialist clinical, ICD9, ICD10, ICD 9, ICD 10, audit, auditing, medical coding
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Location Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 42929