General Objective of this Position:
Implementation and improvement of the quality and food safety systems in the plant to ensure that products and processes meet standards of quality and food safety of Bimbo Bakeries, controlling costs, attached to legislation and within a healthy working environment on a sustainable basis.
a) Main Responsibilities:
· Implement, follow up and improve the BBU quality and food safety policies/system.
· Planning, coordination and execution of internal audits/inspections
· Coordination and participation in certification audits (GFSI/SQF).
· Identify and document best practices, ideas and information relevant to quality and food safety system.
· Identify, document and report any problems related to the quality, food safety and legality of the products.
· Provides training and mentoring to assure all bakery associates are fully capable of achieving Quality & Food Safety expectations.
· Collaborates, as needed, to develop the Quality and Food Safety capabilities of bakery personnel to enable them to drive towards zero Quality and Food Safety incidents.
· Provides oversight of Quality and Food Safety programs and evaluates for compliance through regular audits, inspections and risk assessments.
· Performs and/or coordinates analysis of process capability.
· Participates in investigations to determine and address root causes during special situations, quality failures, regulatory inspections, vendor (ingredient & packaging) related incidents, etc to assure proper investigation, root cause analysis and resolution.
· Manage the Sanitation Department and the associated budget
· Implement quality and food safety improvement projects.
· Promotes the quality and food safety mission with the HACCP team.
· Planning and participation in team meetings and follow up with staff areas.
· Performs data analysis trending reports and action plans for their KPI´s.
· Promotes and supports the use of quality tools such as SPC, Kaizen, 5-S, Problem Solving, etc.
· Oversees programs to reduce or eliminate consumer complaints (Quality and food Safety).
· Follows up on corrective action plans
· Follows up on quality issues through finished product scoring, bakery data and consumer complaints.
1. BS degree, in Food Science or related majorpreferred
2. Bakery operations management experiences a plus.
3. HACCP & GFSI (SQF, BRC, IFS, etc.)Certified
4. Familiarity with federal and state regulations, 6 sigma, ISO, AIB and GFSI Standards.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Organized and detail oriented.
8. Comfortable working in a participative team environment.
9. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.