Supports Production Management in troubleshooting plant quality execution deficiencies, working with technical resources (Technical Services, Quality Assurance, R&D and Product Development) and plant management resources to identify root cause and eliminate recurring quality problems. Manages the Quality department to ensure the production of consistently wholesome, high-quality products that meet or exceed Customer and Regulatory requirements. Ensure quality specifications (food safety, product quality), financial efficiencies, and department safety targets are met or exceeded and investigate ways to improve upon all of these measurements. Provides leadership to department supervisors and employees to develop a highly skilled and engaged workgroup. This position is responsible for training new team members in food safety, personal safety, GMPs, SQF requirements, CCPs, and sanitation requirements.
We Ask Of You To:
- Champion the Plant’s Quality programs, processes, and systems to ensure that the plant performance meets and/or exceeds company-wide expectations.
- Play an integral role in maintaining superior quality systems throughout the entire plant in collaboration with the production management while assuring plant preparedness for customer and regulatory inspections.
- Coordinate product testing procedures and ensure accurate, timely and compliant testing standards.
- Provide direction to QE Forepersons and Technicians. Lead, teach and motivate all plant employees in pursuit of quality excellence and plant safety.
- Drive problem solving initiatives; utilize root cause analysis and preventative actions with respect to quality related issues.
- Support and enforce GMP’s, food safety procedures and company policies.
- This position will support a 24/7, highly complex food-manufacturing operation with a continuous improvement mindset while promoting a winning culture".
- Company is 365/7 days a week/ three shifts. This position may need to rotate shifts and work weekends.
We Offer You in Return:
- Competitive salaries with equally competitive performance bonuses and relocation packages!
- 401(k) along with a lucrative annual Profit Sharing plan – we hire to retire!
- Tuition reimbursement, award recognitions, merit increases, and outstanding health/dental/vision benefits.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Technical background in food technology, food science, dairy science, microbiology, or chemistry; related undergraduate or graduate degree is preferred.
- Production management experience in the food industry, preferably in Dairy, with intimate knowledge of and passion for quality methods and techniques, including HACCP concept for food safety, quality assurance standards, food laboratory testing methods and operations, and statistical process control techniques.
- At least 5 years of related experience, manufacturing operations preferred.
- At least 1 year of progressive leadership experience .
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A strong knowledge of HACCP, SQF, quality assurance standards, food laboratory testing methods and operations, and statistical process control techniques.
- A sense of urgency and drive for continuous improvement, problem solving and root cause analysis. Ability to produce in a results-oriented, fast paced environment.