You are an experienced quality environmental health and safety manager and you are looking for an opportunity to lead an effective team. You bring a strong foundation of skills to the table and you seek a company that values your critical contributions to the manufacturing environment. At Panduit, in Orland Park, IL, we seek to empower a quality manager to continue to improve our operations environmental health and safety track record in a tangible way.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a Champion, influencer and change agent to ensure continual quality, environmental and safety improvement within the organization with a goal of zero defects and harm.
- Develop, implement, and monitor QEHS systems and structures to meet or exceed organization and customer requirements for processes and solutions consistent with international standards.
- Manage and develop group leads and individual contributors by communicating, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Resolves quality problems and EHS incidents by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; and driving closed loop corrective and preventive action
- Assures new hire and site-specific training for quality and safety as needed
What You'll Bring:
- Required Degree: BS in Technical Field (Engineering Preferred) (or local country equivalent education)
- Required Certificate(s): ASQ CQE, CRE, CMQ/OE or SSBB required OR the willingness to get the certs after employment begins
- Preferred Certificate(s): Certified Safety Professional or technical equivalent. Qualified quality, safety and environmental auditor
- Experience: 2+ years of QEHS Manager or equivalent leadership experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years experience in a quality, and/or EHS role
- Full knowledge of the applicable quality, environmental and safety standards
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and influence skills across various levels of leadership and ability to partner with all levels of operations
- Experience working across multiple geographic and/or functional area teams with a results driven approach
- Strong organizational and project management skills, acting as a leader, facilitator, coach, supervisor, mediator, team player and change agent
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Superior understanding of quality management practices such as Advanced Quality Planning (customer requirement identification, FMEAs, Measurement systems analysis and control plans) quality control (statistical process controls, audits and sampling risks) and improvement (structured problem solving).
- Excellent math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- Ability and willingness to present trainings to large groups
- Experience in computer word processing, charting, spreadsheet, statistical analysis and data mining programs