The Quality Engineering Performance Specialist is responsible for leading the evaluation and testing for new or modified software programs as part of complex systems. Provides leadership in the development of QA processes and procedures. Candidates will be a part of the software quality assurance team for any internal or external application development projects
- Build a performance engineering culture and actively champion performance and reliability in all parts of the SDLC.
- Own Performance, Scalability, Reliability, High Availability testing functions
- Align performance testing goals, initiatives, processes, and execution with QA strategic plans.
- Lead and develop a process of Performance Engineering, lead performance testing activities and provide leadership to the performance testing team members.
- Guide engineering teams through technical analysis to resolve performance issues.
- Work closely with business and engineering teams to derive capacity planning and forecasting models to identify bottlenecks and provide tuning recommendations. •
- Refine volumes of data, analyze performance results, diagnose performance problems, and clearly articulate application/system performance to stakeholders.
- Create performance test strategy which includes performance testing built in CI/CD at various points: Dev, QA Regression, etc.
- Plan, design, implement, execute, and maintain performance test framework(s) and tools to enable performance testing and analysis.
- Develop and publish accurate performance test results, determine and communicate the performance risk of go-live.
- Develop optimizations to improve performance, scalability, and reliability
- Test, debug, and measure the performance of implemented features.
- Design post-deployment system performance testing and monitoring, working with DevOps and Engineering.
6+ years experience in software and/or program testing.
- 7+ years experience in Performance Engineering
- 5+ years hands-on experience in performance analysis of infrastructure, application, and system levels using profiling tools to identify bottlenecks in CPU, memory, network, etc.
- 5+ years experience with direct contributions to application / system performance analysis and tuning for projects
- 5+ years experience in benchmarking and sizing. Ability to articulate and create performance benchmarks and baselines.
- 5+ years Proficiency in Enterprise Performance Testing, Monitoring, and Analysis tools (or similar) such as: JMeter, JProfiler, JUnit, New Relic, AppDymamics
- Ability to write complex test scripts that are portable, re-usable, and maintainable
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Good working knowledge of distributed system testing.
- Experience with micro services architecture.
- Strong experience in creation of performance test strategy, design, planning, load modeling, and elicitation of non-functional requirements for testing.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and resolution of production performance issues. Expertise of performance testing in areas, including: Stress, Load, Spike, Endurance and Scalability.
- Expertise in creating performance test plans at the component and end to end level.
- End-to-End Performance Engineering across all tiers (UX / UI, Network, Web Server, Application Server, Database Server, Hardware & Storage, etc.)
- Advanced Degree highly
- Certifications in Performance Engineering Highly desired
Education and Training
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.