We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better.
Bring your passion and professional knowledge for Software Quality to IDEXX. Our company is the international market leader in companion and commercial animal health with a proven history of growth and a track record of introducing new products and software solutions to an active and engaged customer. Join our forward-looking team of passionate Quality Engineering (QE) professionals who are committed to consistently delivering quality solutions across Information Technology. As a small group within a large department, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make a difference every day. Be challenged, be rewarded, and share in our QE Team’s success. IDEXX Labs Inc. is seeking a strategic Quality Engineering Manager to oversee all QE efforts for one of our highest-profile, market leading custom applications. This is a very challenging but rewarding role embedded within a great development team. You must have the ability to think strategically and influence others, excellent people and communication skills, superior organizational skills, and at least 7+ years’ management experience overseeing all testing efforts across multiple development streams.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the strategic leader on all objectives related to directing and overseeing Quality Engineering solutions for our Laboratory Information Management System (“LIMS”).
- Lead test planning and strategy across teams for a unified plan of testing and product validation.
- Lead, manage, motivate, and grow a global talented team of QA engineers
- Develop standards for release readiness, release verification, regression testing, and deployment
- Drive progress towards a model of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Improve product delivery cycles through integration of testing into the agile delivery cycle.
- Work collaboratively with the Quality Engineering team to develop policies, practices, and processes that improve software quality
- Establish metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and lead regular quality reporting.
- Deliver quality process training and act as a quality consultant to advise and influence business or technical partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination education and work experience.
- Professional certifications in testing or related areas (nice to have)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and natural team leadership abilities
- A passion for building in quality from the inception of a project or enhancement through to release and successful customer adoption
- Highly proficient in Test strategy, management, and coordination
- System and application functional (manual, automated) and performance testing experiencerequired
- Experience with CI, CD, DevOps, BDD, TDD, and using dynamic practices and frameworks to improve Quality deliverables
- 7+ years of experience in leading teams responsible for Quality Engineering, Continuous Delivery, and/or DevOps
- Ability to establish a data-driven, repeatable, and structured approach to full software quality engineering lifecycle
- Experience with Continuous Integrations, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Agile Methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in developing presentations and presenting to senior management
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with a sense of urgency
- Resourceful, independent worker with a strong work ethic, and positive attitude