Rexnord Industries, LLC, a leading supplier in the Aerospace industry, is seeking a Quality Engineering Manager, who willbe based at our Simi Valley, California manufacturing facility, will provide superior tactical and strategic implementation of the quality system and supporting quality programs. In this position you can make immediate contributions in enhancing the current quality program, improving internal processes, and improving supplier quality activities.
- Utilize data driven problem solving methods to improve key quality metrics such as internal and external PPM, Scrap, First Article Inspection, and Customer Specification flow down.
- Drive a culture of quality at the source whereby all associates assume ownership for the quality of their work, services, and products
- Facilitate the flow of work and to identify & drive continuous improvement opportunities within the shop floor
- Coordinates regular management meetings to review corrective action and quality systems. Publishes agenda and minutes in a timely manner.
- Lead customer and regulatory audits as required
- Assist Management in the strategic definition and implementation of Quality Assurance
- Develop & Manage Sub- suppliers qualifications and certifications
- Manage the activity and personal and professional development of the exempt and non-exempt quality staff
- Conduct performance appraisals for all direct reports along with continuous mentoring and coaching for their development
- Maintaining and monthly reporting of all relevant Quality assurance KPI's
- Action Oriented
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
- Customer Focus
- Directs Work
- Drives Engagement
- Builds Effective Teams
Experience and Skill Required
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years Quality Supervisor experience directing Quality activities in an aerospace manufacturing (machine shop) environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve, and meet deadlines and goals
- Proficient in root cause analysis and formal problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated success in the ability to consistently multitask
- Good writing/administrative skills, including computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, Minitab, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Fact basis, data driven decision maker
- Proven history of customer satisfaction success both internally & externally
- Experience in Aerospace manufacturing with solid background in metal manufacturing environment including metal cutting and grinding is desirable
- Working knowledge of engineering part drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Candidate must have experience working with quality systems; e.g. AS9100, TS16949, ISO9001
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing or continuous improvement environment
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager or Engineering (CQM, CQE) desired
- Demonstrated success in the Key Accountabilities
- Strong Leadership Competencies (action oriented, drives results, manages conflict, customer focus, directs work, drives engagement, builds effective teams).
- Strong understanding of AS9100 Rev. D.