The Senior Quality Manager is responsible for developing the goals, objectives and organizations quality strategies to drive a proactive and preventive culture of quality to ensure the Quality Management System provides products and services that meet the needs of our customers, third party auditors and regulatory requirements. The Senior Quality Manager will typically be responsible for multiple sites and will champion HBX (Harris Business Excellence) initiatives to help drive operational excellence.
- Assist in EH&S compliance collaborating to achieve best in class performance
- Providing value added participation and collaboration in business, kick-off, technical and program reviews
- Developing systems that drive supplier excellence and zero-defect culture
- Benchmarking and adapting industry best practices to drive state-of-the art quality management systems and processes
- Teaming with supply chain to drive supplier excellence programs
- Driving continuous improvement and corrective/preventive action planning programs with a focus on error-proofing and prevention
- Setting/pursuing aggressive goals that drive operational efficiency and best in class quality
- Applying broad knowledge and seasoned experience when defining strategic solutions for systematic problems
- ISO/AS9100 compliance expertise
- Well versed in Internal and Supplier compliance and capability auditing and assessments
- Driving preventive and goal driven culture of quality to help achieve zero defects and customer satisfaction
- Top management representative with respect to quality performance and customer complaints / issues.
- Organizing and staffing the quality functions and attracting and developing high caliber and diverse talent, typically across multiple sites.
- Ensuring Advanced Product Quality Planning is deployed across the New Product Development Life Cycle with quality built into the design
- Ensuring RCCA process provides prompt resolution and robust solutions to prevent recurrence, focusing on mistake proofing and process improvement
- Applies application of problem solving techniques including lessons learned and the sharing of best practices across Harris
- Identifying operational improvements to achieve customer satisfaction, reduce operating costs, improve margins and enhance operational efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in a technical engineering field required with a Minimum of 15 years of related industry experience
- At least 10 years of experience within operations, supply chain or quality
- 5 - 10 years of experience in management capacity; 3-5 managing Quality Assurance
- Space or defense industry experience
- Black Belt and/or lean manufacturing experience, certification preferred
Job ID: ES20181306-25236