Job Title: Quality Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Waterloo, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- This job fully integrates an individual into the engineering culture by performing specific quality engineering assignments that are limited in scope, depth and degree of skill required.
- Work plans and decisions are usually reviewed by others.
- Learns and uses quality planning tools and analysis to formulate/facilitate quality plans for new products within the product delivery, order fulfillment or customer support processes.
- Learns and uses quality tools consistent with quality processes to enable the focus on prevention by identifying and performing activities to minimize risk. Investigates product and process quality related issues and recommends changes to control plans and/or prints.
- Gathers and analyzes data pertinent to quality tools in the Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP), Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) and/or Customer Support Process (CSP).
- Performs quality audits, including supporting International Standards Organization (ISO) audits, and maintains quality manual. Inputs and maintains information in factory databases and systems. Monitors quality plan tracking system.
- Assists in reviews and investigations of warranty claim information.
Required Skill Set:
- Manager is seeking candidates with 4 year engineering or technical degrees. Previous manufacturing work experience is preferred.
- The role may require first shift or third shift support and may require overtime & weekend support as production demands change.
- Manager is open to recent grads but prefers 1-3 years experience. Business casual dress code, will need metatarsals for first day.