The Quality Engineer provides technical leadership from a quality perspective, infusing quality delivery through all phases of the software and technology delivery lifecycle. The Quality Engineer is responsible to maintain the quality management systems, resolves issues and supports continuous quality improvement.
This position is now open within our Back-Office recordkeeping platforms QA team. Expertise in financial services recordkeeping platforms a must. Experience in OmniPlus or other industry standard retirement & financial services administrative systems is a strong positive.
- Development of test strategies and test plans
- Creation of architectural and technical implementation documents for quality planning and execution, identifying risks and proposing corrective actions.
- Responsible for continuous integration & quality control for all projects.
- Validation of test environment & data, notating gaps and proposing solutions
- Development of effective software and platform quality and risk control processes
- Spearhead automation strategy and integrate software test tools with software build environments
- Maintain an awareness of the future of the QA practice and pull in industry best practices into the Voya QA practice
- Interact with programmers, project managers, technical writers and business leaders to collect all information necessary to implement a quality management strategy
Knowledge & Experience:
QA Technical Skills
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycles (i.e. waterfall, agile, test driven development, etc.)
- Collaborate with development, infrastructure and security teams
- Ability to work independently, in team-based environment and able to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Develop standards and procedures to determine software quality and release readiness
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing process
- Interpret technical and business objectives and challenges
- Perform and document risk analysis
- Research and implement new quality tools, technologies, and testing processes
- Solid understanding of QA testing environments: needs and strategy
- Identify, isolate and track test issues throughout the software development life cycle
- Experienced with DevOps tools and methodologies
- Create master test strategy and test plans documents, document test cases
- Perform manual and automated testing as needed
- Ability to code automated tests, analyze test results and formulate action plans
- Experience with agile development methodology, digital application testing strategy needs and source code analysis tools to drive quality within the development phase
Development Technical Skills
- Involvement with development teams, architects early in the life cycle to identify the dependencies on architecture, design, coding standards, deployment environment and deployment methodologies
- Design & deploy code, perform code reviews and quality document review
- Monitor builds delivered by the development team
- Support during code deployment
- Provide assistance or trouble shooting of any issues during CI/CD activities.
- Identify industry best practices & provide suggestions/recommendationson CI/CD activities
- Institutionalize Continuous Integration, Deployment and Continuous
- Delivery as best-practices across all projects/portfolios for keeping application deployable at any point or even pushing main codebase automatically into production whenever new changes are brought into it.
- Work alongside developer and help in fixing low priority defects
- Develop medium/ low priority user stories
- Creation of unit test cases for the user stories developed
- A bachelor’s or master's degree in technology, computer science, or engineering
- Extensive experience demonstrating a thorough understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Working experience in software development and/or infrastructure delivery
- Knowledge of the current trends and latest advancements in software quality
- 10+ years software engineering and quality assurance experience
- Financial Services industry experience a plus