Scope: The Quality Engineering is responsible for assisting in the planning and analysis of products and processes to eliminate future quality issues not only internally but externally as well. The QE will participate in cross-functional team improvement activities and will provide technical assistance in determining process capability. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the company liaison in planning, communicating, and resolving quality issues with the customers.
- Identifies customer requirements and provides inspection plans related to their requirements
- Serves as a resource to departments for problem identification, resolution, and continuous improvement
- Communicates customer related issues to operations team
- Assists manufacturing and engineering in identifying and eliminating root causes of failures
- Conducts training in quality concepts and tools
- Performs micro-sectioning as required
- Performs Initial Failure Analysis evaluation on customer returned product
- Works with Process Engineering in finding root cause & corrective actions to reported quality issues. Documents and reports findings
- Coordinates the RMA (Returned Material Authorization) process including issuing, receiving, analyzing and closing RMAs
- Performs internal Quality audits (Process & Product)
- Assists with a variety of tasks associated with the collection and reporting of statistical process control data
- Utilizes quality techniques to track, analyze, interpret and report on processes and products to ensure they meet the company’s quality standards in the form of graphs, charts and written presentations
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Superior written and verbal English communication skills
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Failure analysis and diagnosis
- Procedural documentation capabilities related to the quality function
- Computer proficiency
- Familiarity with ISO 9001-2008 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Familiarity IPC 6012 and 600
Education & Experience:
- Five years printed circuit board industry experience essential.
Export Statement: Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation; c) understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL); d) understand the Export and ITAR requirements for shipments leaving the US; e) manage vendor approvals for ITAR manufacturing and services.