Our client (non-automotive) is profitable, and have recently moved into a new state of the art facility. They have a strong capital backing and therefore they have access to many resources. Due to growth, we are seeking a hands on Quality Engineer who will work with the customer, production, purchasing and other internal departments to drive quality and the voice of the customer.
- Assessing existing manufacturing processes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Developing and maintaining quality standards for manufacturing processes.
- Utilizing quality feedback and metrics to implement process improvements.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining American Society of Quality certified quality engineer qualification.
- Supervision of the Quality Lab
- Maintenance and support our Quality Management System (QMS). This is to assure that the QMS is kept current and that we drive and promote continuous improvement throughout our business processes.
- Investigation and communication of product nonconformance (Material Review Board ? MRB) reports
- Investigation and resolution of product nonconformance by using established corrective and preventive action problem solving techniques
- Inspection of in-house measurement and test equipment
- Support receiving, in-process and final inspection functions
- Quality Engineering background
- Bachelor?s degree in a Quality discipline or equivalent experience
- Expertise in process quality tools like PFMEA, SPC, Gauge R&R and process capability analysis
- Expertise in process analytics
- Knowledge of Quality Management systems including ISO9001
** Competitive salary, exceptional benefits and relocation assistance if required**