OptumRx Quality Assurance supports over 1 billion prescriptions per year for our commercial, Medicare and Medicaid members.
We ensure the software created to support the dynamic pharmacy business meets or exceeds our customer's expectations for quality. Join our team to have a positive impact on the lives of our members.
As a Senior IT Quality Engineer Team Leader, you will design, implement, and support the quality program for a billion dollar e-commerce platform. This is the front line to our consumer experience and a key contributor to our overall business Net Promoter Score.
You will drive customer confidence by assuring the quality of Optum's current and future software products. Contribute to a motivating environment that empowers teams and individuals to engineer QA efficiencies in practice, thought process, and with effective tools and techniques.
You will attack quality improvement from the front end (multi-disciplinary product quality review) and back end (Testing Services and Data), ultimately delivering a reduced cost of quality.
This will require partnering with business analysis, system analysis, development, and user acceptance teams to drive quality initiatives upstream into our development process. This delivery organization is in the second year of their Agile transformation.
- Lead Product Quality Council reviews where delivery members identify defect root causes and associated action plans to reduce the Cost of Quality for member portal product
- Balance compassion and discipline when weighing business benefit and product quality
- Provide functional expertise and direction to team members on how to test our software
- Participate in product strategy, product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Effectively lead, coach, and mentor team members within QA as well as across the delivery chain
- Champion the test automation strategy and execution, covering automated unit testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Proactively manage demand, capacity, and estimating to optimize resource use and budget
- Review test strategies, test plans, and monitor test execution and defects in Rally, HP Quality Center or Rational
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of functional, system, and performance testing experience
- 3+ years of experience with complex automated testing
- 2+ years of experience working on Digital Consumer Products or B2C software delivery
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following tool areas:
- Development: Java, C#, .NET, scriptinglanguages
- Automation tools and frameworks: Selenium, SOAP UI, HP Unified Functional Tester, Rational Functional tester
- Application lifecycle management: HP ALM, Rational
- Performance testing: Dynatrace
- Browser simulation: SauceLab
- Stack trace: Splunk
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery: GitHub, Jenkins, Rally, Cucumber
- Experienced coaching team in business acumen, product knowledge, technology, and quality techniques
- Firm understanding of DevOps and know how to configure, leverage, and work with application development teams to enable and assist them in setting up their CI pipeline
- Complete understanding and experience in various delivery methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Waterfall) as part of the SDLC process
- Experience with a variety of technology delivery models: onshore, offshore, insourced, outsourced, and hybrid
- Experience in the health insurance industry or other highly regulated industry
- Process improvement methodologies, such as LeanSix Sigma